Animals Say Wacky Things: Forget the…

Animals Say Wacky Things: Forget the Chocolate...I Want Bacon! (Share a… (2013)

by James Mayrose

I don’t find this book funny at all. Each page shows an image of an animal and some of the animals have been photographed at the zoo, which I don’t support. One image depicts a cow that got stuck trying to escape. Not funny and bad karma is what comes to mind. ... Book Review: Animals Say Wacky Things: Forget the Chocolate…I Want Bacon! By James Mayrose » Katarina Nolte
http://katarinanolte.com/WordPressBlog/2013/08/book-review-animals-say-wacky-thi... ( )
  KatarinaNolte | Aug 10, 2013 |
FORGET THE CHOCOLATE: I WANT BACON!: WACKY THINGS ANIMALS SAY (THAT WILL LIFT YOUR SPIRIT) by James Mayrose is a great read along book for children and parents. The photos are great and the sayings that went with them were perfect. I giggled as I read. I loved the big eyes of the marsupial. This is so much fun but I do not know if I can give up chocolate but I definitely want bacon! ( )
  Sheila1957 | Jul 21, 2013 |
The title speaks for itself. The pictures are cute, the animal "quotes" are funny. Another book by Mr Mayrose intended for children that adults will love. No matter how many times your child asks you to read it you will enjoy it. ( )
  lexiesmom | Jul 21, 2013 |
Great for kids, but I enjoyed it too. Lots of fun with animals in different poses/situations with appropriate text. Written with imagination and lots of humour. ( )
  Beaujolais | Jul 20, 2013 |
I received this e-book from the author as part of LibraryThing's Member Giveaway Program. The author requested a review.

My review: This book is like a collection of internet memes all featuring animals. Some of the pictures are obviously posed, but some are not. The captions are all appropriate for children to read although a couple of were outside of my child's frame of reference. We had fun inventing our own captions as well.

My ten-year-old's review: It's really FUNNY! (followed by peals of laughter) The sheep that couldn't sleep was the best. ( )
  chazzarcturus | Jul 20, 2013 |
After raising our fur babies and having them for most of my life, I can tell you that yes, they do talk to you in their own way.

This short book tells you of what they are thinking, act and would say if they could speak like a human does.

It's a cute book with the best photos of the fur babies that I've seen. Even my 9 year old loves these books!
added by liaburres | editBit O' Everything, Liaq Burres (Apr 5, 2014)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

James Mayrose's book Forget the Chocolate...I Want Bacon! Wacky Things Animals Say was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,921,375 books! | Top bar: Always visible