The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line by Rob Thomas

The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line

by Rob Thomas, Jennifer Graham

Series: Veronica Mars (Book 1)

Bad Kitty by Michele Jaffe (superant)
    superant: detective sleuth young woman

Fans of the television series will recognize the characters and setting of this story. It picks up right where the recent movie left off. I enjoyed the mystery, but missed the romance between Veronica and Logan. ( )
  Mrslabraden | Jun 28, 2017 |
This is a review of the audiobook. I'm so happy this was read by Kristen Bell. I have a feeling I wouldn't have enjoyed it nearly as much as I did, had it been narrated by anyone else. There isn't anything really special about this book, but if you love Veronica Mars then you will likely enjoy this. ( )
  Emma_Manolis | Jun 27, 2017 |
On its own, this is a decent small town detective story turned murder mystery, with the crazy plot par for course in the Veronica Mars universe (which is why I stopped watching after the whole pregnant-in-a-coma-Meg thing. But I missed Poppa Mars and everyone's favorite tiny blonde, so I came crawling back to watch the movie. #TeamPiz). SPOILER: If you thought Lily Kane was a lying, moral-less young thing, wait until you meet the conniving perps of this book. I didn't see that one coming until it was too late.

But. I don't know. The voice didn't *feel* like Veronica. A little too sappy maybe? It lacked that certain pep and zing. And when familiar lines appeared it felt more recycled than in character. Couldn't help but feel that I was reading Officially Sanctioned Fanfiction. I wonder though if that's typical for many novelizations.

But like I said, decent story. Not that I am a mystery genre expert, but from this casual reader, if the names were changed, and a little more backgrounding were done to make up for the preliminary work the show did to familiarize the audience with the characters, then it could probably stand on its own. ( )
  mrsrobin | Jun 24, 2017 |
Just like an episode of V. Mars! Fast and fun read that picks up after the movie.
  Kaytron | Feb 28, 2017 |
Interesting mix of soft-boiled PI and NA. Good story, but the title does not work well. ( )
  bookwyrmm | Feb 13, 2017 |

Thomas, Robprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Graham, Jennifermain authorall editionsconfirmed
Bell, KristenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For all the Veronica Mars Kickstarter backers. You're like the people who clapped loud enough to bring Tinker Bell back from the dead. Except instead of clapping, you sent money. And instead of a tiny blond fairy, you resurrected a tiny blond detective.
The buses began to roll into Neptune, California, late Friday afternoon and didn't slow up until Monday.

The first book in an original mystery series featuring twenty-eight-year-old Veronica Mars, back in action after the events of Veronica Mars: The Movie. With the help of old friends—Logan Echolls, Mac Mackenzie, Wallace Fennel, and even Dick Casablancas—Veronica is ready to take on Neptune’s darkest cases with her trademark sass and smarts.

Final title and cover to be announced.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:59:52 -0400)

"The first book in an original mystery series featuring twenty-eight-year-old Veronica Mars, back in action after the events of Veronica Mars: The Movie. With the help of old friends--Logan Echolls, Mac Mackenzie, Wallace Fennel, and even Dick Casablancas--Veronica is ready to take on Neptune's darkest cases with her trademark sass and smarts. Final title and cover to be announced"--… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,987,864 books! | Top bar: Always visible