Fable by Chanda Hahn

Originally posted at The Scribbling Sprite

Mina Grime is being hunted by fairy tales. One after the other, the Brothers' Grimm stories take over her life. Literally.

The sad truth is that not all fairy tales have happy endings. Before, Mina thought she'd have to complete every single tale in order to escape this curse. Now there might be an easier way.

But there are always obstacles, and when something tragic befalls Mina and her family, she must travel to the Fae plane to restore what they had before. In doing this, will she lose something even more precious?

My review: This is my second read of Fable—I wanted to get myself reaquainted with the story before I read Reign, the next installment in the series. I still enjoyed Mina's story the second time around.

Unfortunately, this one didn't involve as many fairy tales as the previous books. Mina's quest was different this time. But it involved a lot of adventure and much higher stakes.

I love the uniqueness of this book, the characters, and the world Hahn has created. The writing could be better quality, but I'm hooked on the story. Can't wait to see what happens next!

This is a series that needs to be read in order, so if you're interested, check out Unenchanted! It's a free Kindle book.

Content: Um....a kiss? It's squeaky clean. Recommended for ages 11 . ( )
  ScribblingSprite | Aug 10, 2015 |
10 stars and lots of feels

I got this book as soon as it came out, only I didn't get around to reading it until much later.

Why? Sometimes I get so excited about a series, that when I think it's the last book I hold off reading it because I don't want it to be over. When I found out this wasn't the last book I was like >.REALLY, YES! and I read the book..

This was just out of this world, that and we get pulled into another world. Mina want her precious brother back, and she takes on all kinds of stupid to do just that.

The ending, again, WFT, I couldn’t believe it ended like that, I just sat there and wanted to cry.

I can't wait for the next book, and I really hope it isn't the last.

Laters

Emily :)
  E.A.Walsh | Jun 10, 2015 |

All that glitters is not gold. When something precious is stolen from sixteen-year-old Mina Grime, she will do anything in her power to get it back, even if it means traveling to the dangerous Fae plane and battling one of the strongest fairy-tale villains yet. However, nothing can prepare Mina for the dangerous obstacles she will face in the Fae world, or the choices she must make when love and life are on the line.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,020,534 books! | Top bar: Always visible