Desert Exposure (Desert Heat #3) by Robena…

Desert Exposure (Desert Heat #3)

by Robena Grant

312,001,085 (3.5)None
Recently added bywriterbeverly, rhiand, catya77

The cover photo is a little misleading; it almost looks like it occurs in the Middle East in a military setting, which is NOT the case.

Disclaimer: I won a free copy of this work via the author (who I also know from our mutual RWA chapter) on her blog.

Rachel and Michael are both very likable characters. I loved how, when Rachel was attacked by a baddie, she whacked the tar out of him with an unexpected object, and how when she thought she was being pursued by a baddie, she not only kept on driving, but found a way to call for help.

I did feel, after an exciting start, that the novel a little slowly, but soon the pace picked up. The attraction between Michael and Rachel was also a little slow in the beginning, but heated up nicely by the end. Always love a man with a sweet ass.

Really liked the unusual setting, California, but instead of LA or San Fran, the desert area by the Salton Sea. Also liked smart spunky Grandpa who kept his head and assisted in a happy outcome for all.

This novel is part of a series of three in this area with some characters who interact, but each also work as a stand-alone.

writerbeverly | May 1, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,281,191 books! | Top bar: Always visible