Impassion (Mystic, #2) by B. C. Burgess

Impassion (Mystic, #2)

by B. C. Burgess

Re-read: 07.19.15 Just perfect. Alana is still my favorite.

06.29.13
Layla finally meets her grandparents and the rest of the coven. She wondered what took her so long because they were the sweetest people ever. They instantly felt like family she's been around all her life.

Layla is becoming a super witch as she gets more comfortable using magic. The magic in this story is amazing (if only, I wouldn't have to lift a finger anymore)and without consequences, at least not unless you cross paths with a crazy witch or wizard.

Layla and Quin is as consumed with each other since the day they met. In this book their beautiful love hit a snag. I remember Quin thinking he had to take care of something and I instantly had a feeling it had to do with another woman. I was a little disappointed in him for not coming clean with Layla but I understood his situation. I was thankful that the drama wasn't drawn out and they were able to repair the damage quickly. I understood Layla's fear about repeating history with the Medea situation her parents went through which did ultimately started the situation she finds herself in now.

Enter Finley, I have my suspicions about him. I do not trust his innocent coincidence of running into Layla. I was very turned off by his arrogance and my spidey senses telling me he might be someone we're waiting for their identity to be unveiled.

Agro continues to be a source of guilt and a pain in the ass for Layla and the coven. Wow, he is really short tempered, shouldn't he be happy and having fun terrorizing the magical world? Why so moody all the time? He's another obsessed one, maybe that's a defect of being magical, at least in this story, you eventually go insane. LOL

I just love it when I decide to start a series, not knowing if I will like it enough to continue, and then be surprised how much I love it and can't wait to get to the next book. The Mystic series is one of those surprising reads. I've enjoyed following Layla, Quin and the other coven members stories. I just love books with characters you can fall in love with and even hate passionately enough that you just want to continue, to see the good guys defeat them. Such a wonderfully compelling series and beautiful storytelling, which keeps me wanting more of this series.

GigisIrieReads | Oct 22, 2016 |
Second book in the series that was just as good as the first. Layla and Quin are followed into their new world to meet her family for the first time. And she is still being followed by an unknown source of evil. ( )
  wndy2011 | Dec 25, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,378,324 books! | Top bar: Always visible