The Lion and the Rose by Kate Quinn

The Lion and the Rose

by Kate Quinn

As soon as I finished the previous book, the Serpent and the Pearl, I went to find this in the library, got too impatient to put it on hold, and bought it for my Kindle.
Then I stayed up far too late reading it. Loved the blend of history, murder, intrigue, romance, sexiness, and getting inside historical and fictional characters' heads.
  ewillse | Jan 18, 2016 |
The way Kate Quinn incorporates the fictional characters into the lives of the non-fictional characters is so clever. They are entwined in the story, but manage to just stay on the sidelines and tell the big picture story. Leonello is still my favorite character in this series.

I also appreciate that Ms. Quinn takes the time to recount where she took liberties and tells you a little of the real history and where she got the story. I was surprised to read that Bartolomeo was a real person. I like that she has included these lesser known people into the story. ( )
  CinderH | Oct 27, 2015 |
A great follow-up to Kate Quinn's first novel about the scandalous Borgia family. Alongside Giulia Farnese, the fictional but endearing characters of the cook Carmelina and the dwarf Leonello return in this novel to experience the tumult of Rome under the Borgia Papacy. The author does a wonderful job of bringing the era to live and creating sympathetic characters whose fates the reader can truly care for. And, of course I won't give anything away, but I loved the ending! ( )
  wagner.sarah35 | Nov 2, 2014 |
There are some authors who always deliver...Katie is definitely one of those. with the rich backdrop of Borgia Rome and a Vatican full of intrigues, reading how Giulia manages to survive and endure it...yes. this is a delightful read! (Full review when I am not. mobile) ( )
  DisneyDiva86 | Aug 25, 2014 |
  DisneyDiva86 | Aug 25, 2014 |

From the national bestselling author of The Serpent and the Pearl comes the continuing saga of the ruthless family that holds all of Rome in its grasp, and the three outsiders thrust into their twisted web of blood and deceit . . .

As the cherished concubine of the Borgia Pope Alexander VI, Giulia Farnese has Rome at her feet. But after narrowly escaping a sinister captor, she realizes that the danger she faces is far from over—and now, it threatens from within. The Holy City of Rome is still under Alexander’s thrall, but enemies of the Borgias are starting to circle. In need of trusted allies, Giulia turns to her sharp-tongued bodyguard, Leonello, and her fiery cook and confidante, Carmelina.

Caught in the deadly world of the Renaissance’s most notorious family, Giulia, Leonello, and Carmelina must decide if they will flee the dangerous dream of power. But as the shadows of murder and corruption rise through the Vatican, they must learn who to trust when every face wears a mask . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:21 -0400)

As the cherished concubine of the Borgia Pope Alexander VI, Giulia Farnese has Rome at her feet. But after narrowly escaping a sinister captor, she realizes that the danger she faces is far from over-and now, it threatens from within. The Holy City of Rome is still under Alexander's thrall, but enemies of the Borgias are starting to circle. In need of trusted allies, Giulia turns to her sharp-tongued bodyguard, Leonello, and her fiery cook and confidante, Carmelina. Caught in the deadly world of the Renaissance's most notorious family, Giulia, Leonello, and Carmelina must decide if they will flee the dangerous dream of power. But as the shadows of murder and corruption rise through the Vatican, they must learn who to trust when every face wears a mask.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,923,128 books! | Top bar: Always visible