The Sovereign Order of Monte Cristo: The…

The Sovereign Order of Monte Cristo: The Newly Discovered Adventures of…

by Holy Ghost Writer

My first impression was... wait a minute... this is going a little too far... too many twists... The Count of Monte Cristo also now Sultan of Albania becomes a plantation owner in the US and abolish slavery.
However the dynamism of the story and the characters involved keep you fascinated and captivated. And the suspense leads you to the end quickly.
So my conclusion is lets see what's coming next!
  as.lemesle | Dec 11, 2013 |
As the Holy Ghost Writer’s story of Dante continues, new twists and turns continue to take the reader through an adventure. This part of the story goes across continents, carrying on with Dantes’ life and some of his descendents. The story is not to be analyzed or criticized too carefully, as certain events or characters are a bit of a stretch (the involvement of Huckleberry Finn, some of Dantes’ inventions, and his new suave, slightly womanizing demeanor). Instead, appreciate the wonderful imaginative qualities of where the author takes the story. Seeing how he/she has the vision to intertwine such familiar facets as slavery, southern plantations, Yale, and Skull and Bones society with beloved fictional characters such as Sherlock Holmes and Dantes leaves the reader intrigued throughout the entire book. It certainly leaves me intrigued for what will come next! ( )
  Jcmrd07 | Aug 15, 2013 |
This combination of “The Count of Monte Cristo as Retold by Sherlock Holmes,” “The Sultan of Monte Cristo,” and “The Sovereign Order of the Count of Monte Cristo” is wonderful for the enjoyment of a smooth flow through the Holy Ghost Writers creative stories involving Dantes and his adventures. It may look dauntingly lengthy at first, but the reading is easy and enjoyable. The adventures span continents and constantly bring in intriguing new twists. From the fun re-tell of The Count of Monte Cristo (by Sherlock Holmes) to Dantes’ adventures across the desert as a sultan and on to the new America the story is constantly evolving and developing new surprises. If you plan to be reading the entire run of series by the Holy Ghost Writer then this is definitely the version for you. You have a continuous story without the breaks and ending one book to start the next. ( )
  Jcmrd07 | Aug 15, 2013 |
Just when I thought Holy Ghost Writer couldn’t get more creative, he exceeds my expectations.

Let me introduce you to Edmond Dantès: Plantation Owner.

In the last sequel, The Sultan of Monte Cristo, Edmond began to hear a voice called Mother Wisdom. She instructed him to go to the South and abolish slavery. So, in The Sovereign Order of Monte Cristo, Edmond packs up and moves with his sister wives Haydee and Mercedes in tow. Accompanying him are his two daughters, good old Ali, and other loyal servants. After he’s settled with the family, Edmond receives news that Valentine and Maximilien are expecting. He decides he wants to be there for the birth of their child. As usual, the sister wives are all, “Hey, it’s totally okay for you to be gone for, like, ever. We still love you.”

Edmond arrives back in Paris as his usual busy self being a man about town. Unfortunately Villefort, Valentine’s formerly deranged father, has regained his sanity and wants revenge on the Count. The prosecutor comes up with charges, and has Edmond thrown into prison. The incarceration brings Edmond into contact with none other than Sherlock Holmes. And, more craziness ensues.

At this point in the series, I’m pretty sure the author has written these sequels for stoners. In this book, it isn’t just the “fictional” characters who are introduced (Sherlock Holmes, Huck Finn, etc.) that are overwhelming. It is also the inventions and tie-ins. Holy Ghost Writer has elevated Edmond Dantès to the same status as Leonardo da Vinci and Benjamin Franklin. I mean, the man has a lab where he does experiments. The Sovereign Order of Monte Cristo plot was the most comical of them all. This series has to be satire. My recommendation is to don’t get too caught up in dissecting the books or making comparisons to the original. Just enjoy and be amused. I am thoroughly tickled. Can’t wait for Book IV Abraham Lincoln. ( )
  Jada_W | Aug 7, 2013 |
This book is a compilation of all three books in the story so far: The Count of Monte Cristo as Retold by Sherlock Holmes, The Sultan of Monte Cristo, and The Sovereign Order of Monte Cristo. You might want to consider getting just this one book instead of all four like I did to save money. I didn’t realize this until after I began reading.

It begins with the classic tale of Edmond Dantes AKA The Count of Monte Cristo. But, the retelling is infused with brief conversations between Sherlock Holmes, the story teller, and his buddy Dr. Watson. As in the original story, Edmond is falsely accused of treason. He’s imprisoned thanks to some shady individuals he considered to be friends. While in prison, Edmond meets an old abbot who takes him under his wing. With the older man’s help, Edmond gains the tools he needs to exact revenge on the people responsible for his imprisonment.

The next story in the series, The Sultan of Monte Cristo, brings Edmond into the exotic Mediterranean world of Albania where he becomes a Sultan through marriage with Sultana Haydee. True to his baller Islamic status, Edmond takes Mercedes as a second wife. After it is revealed that Edmond is a descendant of Biblical royalty, he goes on a quest he receives from Mother Wisdom (a voice that may or may not be from all those recreational drugs Edmond takes).

Finally, Edmond becomes a Southern Beau in The Sovereign Order of Monte Cristo. Mother Wisdom has directed him to abolish slavery in America. And like a good boy, Edmond moves his family to a Georgia plantation. Soon, the Count is compelled to visit France for the birth of his friends’ first child. While there, he’s imprisoned once again by Villefort, who is out for revenge. During his incarceration, he meets a bright young man who he mentors into becoming one of the best detective minds of all time.

I have to insist that you go into this novel knowing the sequels are not anywhere near as wonderful as the original classic. So, stop reading this review right now if you’re expecting to read a book from the next Alexandre Dumas. What I can tell you is that the books are definitely imaginative and creative. If you’re looking for a guilty pleasure type read that isn’t a sappy romance novel, this is the series for you. I enjoyed the books, and look forward to the next sequel coming soon, Abraham Lincoln. Wonder if there will be vampires? ( )
  Jada_W | Aug 7, 2013 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,126,602 books! | Top bar: Always visible