Pivot (The Jack Harper Trilogy) (Volume 1)…

Pivot (The Jack Harper Trilogy) (Volume 1)

by L C Barlow

I haven't finished it yet, mainly because i am waiting for my hard copy to arrive (been waiting for 2 or 3 months, for my fiancee to bring it over to my part of the world). I started reading it on my kindle, but got so hooked that decided to stop myself right on the middle to be able to experience the actual book.

I already love it. It's dark, very gripping, pulls you in and never releases you. ( )
  eurafalsky | Dec 13, 2016 |
Excellent read. Main character developed well. The story had surprising twists and touched on many "activities". Ready to read Volume 2. ( )
  gac53 | Sep 23, 2016 |
WOW!! Such a compelling story, and though it was horrifying and beyond creepy, I couldn't stop reading it. I had some pretty disturbing nightmares a time or two.

Jack... I had no clue, until it was directly pointed out to me. I never even suspected.

Cyrus scared me to death. Patrick was both amazing and tragic, and I adored him. Roland ripped my heart out.

I loved the exploration of the gray, where I think the majority of us hang out. There is rarely only black and white, and angels are only demons who are better at control. This story is a journey into the pliable and moldable mind, as well as the very nature of good and evil. Such a mind fuck. Never once was I not routing for Jack in some way, regardless of the atrocities committed. Excellent writing!

I'm so hooked. Can't wait for the next leg of Jack's journey! ( )
  BethanyMoore | May 13, 2016 |
Okay, it's about time I review this. (Now that I am coherent.) This book blew my mind. From the first page, I already knew I was going to like this book.

The writing was very easy, yet was very grounded. I found myself reaching for the book whenever possible to keep on reading. The story flowed well; so well in fact, I read late into the night.

The book had its creepy parts. Some scenes were really descriptive and I was totally horrified by what had happened. THAT is awesome. When a book can scare me, you've won me over.

I loved the characters. Roland was so sweet to Jack. He was the true father figure to him, and I felt so bad for him at the end of the book. Cyrus was severely interesting to me. I kept trying to figure out just what on earth he was. He is still a mystery, but I have to say he's my favorite character next to Jack. Patrick was funny and I really enjoyed his role in the book, and Jack.

Jack was something else. Favorite character in the series, hands down. Jack was sweet, yet strong and in some ways, very confused about his life. I felt so bad for him at times in the book. He was so lonely. Haha, and the "twist" at the end had me screaming. Yes... I admit it. My brother had to check up on me because I kept saying, "WHAT? No, no way- are you serious?".

*SERIOUS SPOILER DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO SEE SPOILERS*
Oh, and by the way, I'll just refer to Jack as a "he", because that's just what I see in my head despite what the book (vaguely?) says.

Man, this book was so good. I love everything about it. The cover (so gorgeous), the characters, story, dialogue, everything. I will definitely be reading the rest of this trilogy, and I eagerly await the next installment. (To be honest, though, I want it now. Haha.)

I received this copy through Goodreads Giveaways, however this had no effect on my review.

Oh, and BLESS YOU L.C. BARLOW for this copy. Thank you so much! It was a pleasure to read. ( )
  KillerCorp | Jul 27, 2015 |

For some, the Devil introduces himself as an average man. For others, he crushes their souls and makes them bleed. For Jack Harper, the Devil renders himself a savior.

But things are changing.

Once a loyal follower of Cyrus and an accomplished killer, Jack Harper now begins to question everything. There are new, strange forces at work that are intruding on Jack's kills, abilities, and very being. Maybe, though, deep down Jack has been waiting for this intrusion, and maybe Cyrus is not as powerful as he seems.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,449,582 books! | Top bar: Always visible