Hers To Choose (Verdantia Book 2) by…

Hers To Choose (Verdantia Book 2)

by Patricia A. Knight

ebook (1) erotica (2) fiction (1) K (1) Kindle (2) novel (1) romance (2) science fiction (5) to-read (12)

** Review written for an originally posted on my blog, Book Bliss. I received a copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased and honest review**
Review: 3 stars

General: **Please note this is the second book in a series**Romance and science fiction are a hard thing to mix. One tends to take the backseat to the other. I think the strongest part of this novel was that they mixed together perfectly. The romance kicks in from the get go and boy does Eric know his way around a woman! The science fiction is constantly weaved him via the fun world so it was nice to read a well balanced book. The characters and plot were entertaining and complemented each other.

I do think the world building in this needed work. I am unsure if it is because it was a second in the series or not but I felt all that was really given was an info dump prologue. I had trouble fully connecting with the book because there was so much I didn’t understand and couldn’t visualize. Also to that extent there was a sincere problem with the passage of time for me. I felt that things felt like they were skipping huge chunks of time to get from one pivotal scene to the next.

Characters: Sophi- Sophi is a wonderfully written character who takes a long and hard journey in this book (and I wonder if she was present in the first book). She was tortured by the enemy and a vast majority of the book is watching as she goes from her hardened cold ways to men to falling for Eric. She had a good mixture of strong and independent mixed with the fear and hesitancy of someone who had experienced trauma.

Eric- Eric is hot. Plain and simple that is the best way to describe him. Sexy to perfection from his looks to his skills in bed he was a great choice! Aside from that though he was loyal, caring and dedicated not only to Sophi (once he gave in) but to his job and country. ( )
  BookBliss2013 | Dec 11, 2013 |
This is the second book in the Verdantia series. Fantastic action from the first page to the last! This is the story of Commander Eric DeStroia and Flight Leader Sophi DeLorian. Amazing characters with fantastic story lines that flowed smoothly throughout the entire book. This is a fabulous sci-fi romance with some remarkably steamy scenes. You will also get to re-visit Ari, Doral, and Fleur from book 1.
*I received a copy for an honest review* ( )
  CherylSanders | Aug 3, 2013 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,966,100 books! | Top bar: Always visible