Oath to Defend by Scott Matthews

Oath to Defend

by Scott Matthews

When I acquired "Oath to Defend", I was unaware that it was book #2 in a series. Before starting it, I was concerned that I might have trouble following the story because I missed the previous installment. I found the concern unwarranted, the story makes reference to occurrences in book #1, but it was a great stand-alone story.

Oath to Defend takes readers into the world of smuggling, espionage, drug cartels and fanatical terrorists where death is an everyday occurrence and consciences are non-existent. Now the United States is targeted - suicide bombers looking forward to martyr themselves and then joining their 72 virgins in paradise. The terrorist seem to always be a step ahead of the people looking for them. It's a game of cat and mouse...hundreds of Americans have already died needlessly - hundreds of thousands more will perish if the terrorists succeed in their mission! Adam Drake and his team of operatives must find them and stop them from detonating a nuclear bomb.

I sat on the edge of my seat intrigued and sometimes holding my breath while watching this story unfold...aware that something like this could very well happen in the near future. The characters are well developed and the story moves smoothly. Great job Mr. Matthews! I have already downloaded book #3 and can't wait to begin that adventure. Highly recommended!

John Podlaski, author
Cherries - A Vietnam War Novel ( )
  JPodlaski | Jul 22, 2015 |

When the trail of America’s most wanted terrorist goes cold in Tijuana, and radiation from a nuclear device is detected in San Diego, one man has a hunch the hunted terrorist and the nuke are connected, and will ultimately wind up in the same place. Adam Drake thinks he knows where that place is. The only question is whether he can find them both in time to prevent an unimaginable catastrophe.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:35 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,734,739 books! | Top bar: Always visible