Immortals (Runes, #2) by Ednah Walters

Immortals (Runes, #2)

by Ednah Walters

Series: Runes (2)

2-2/3

I really enjoyed Runes, so when I saw that this one was available on Kindle Unlimited, I jumped at the chance to read it.

The story in and of itself was very, very good but I found myself tripping over the poorly edited prose. There were misspellings, typos and even character inconsistencies galore throughout the text. This to me soured the review of an otherwise stellar story.

The plot development was not horrible for the genre, and the story was unique enough to carry it. I with there had been a little more attention on world building, because I really couldn't get an image in my head for any of the "scenes" in the book, but I digress.

Hopefully, a future revision will come down and the author will fix some of the editing mishaps. I really like the story, but I couldn't really rate it higher because the editing was extremely distracting. I still want to read the rest of the story and find out what happens to Raine and Torin, and if Cora will come around, and what happens with Eirik! ( )
  destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |
2-2/3

destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |
Review coming soon :) ( )
  AuthorRaeZRyans | May 24, 2014 |
This is the sequel to Runes and the second in the series, and I just adored it, so I was excited to have the chance to read this one too. There was so much that happened at the end of Runes, but it was easy to get back into it. Raine is dealing with Torin’s memory loss and the feelings she has, the Norns want her, there are secrets and betrayals to uncover. Sounds good right? Well, it so worth picking it up, and I enjoyed it.

Raine is one those girls that you would want as a friend. She is fierce and loyal, and will do just about anything for those that she cares about. I think that because she doesn’t become whiney and weak when everything around was a mess is a major reason why I absolutely adore her. Torin, Torin, Torin, what can I say, he is tough, tender and maybe we didn’t get smexy biker Torin, but he was nothing short of amazing still. With his loss of memory, he still feel this attraction to Raine and their time together was so sweet to watch unfold. There were a few characters that changed my opinion of then. Andris might be a secondary character, but it didn’t seem that was toward the end. He played a bigger role this time, and personality wise, he has come a long way.

The story starts a couple of weeks after the first book, Runes leaves off. Raine is still dealing with the tragedy that occurred and Torin not remembering their time together is all a lot to take for her, but she pushes forward through it all. This is such a journey for Raine, and there are so many things being discovered about those around her and even herself, and I enjoyed getting to more about the Norse mythology. There are twists at every turn and evil lurking in the wings, friends acting completely strange without explanation, so there was plenty of action and things to keep me turning the pages. And Walters did an amazing job at keeping believing that I knew what exactly was going on, and them bam!, a twist that changes things for quite a few people involved. It is so hard to not to get wrapped up in Raine and Torin’s world and with heartbreaking news Raine was given, and that intense ending, I am craving more. I know there will a novella named Grinnirs coming out in December, and I will be picking it most definitely.

Immortals was a fantastic sequel, it had everything it needed, great characters, a plot that was suspenseful and interesting, and a romance to die for. I can’t wait for more Raine and Torin.

For more review, check out Book Live Forever

jeneaw | Sep 30, 2013 |
I loved the first book in this series and I couldn't wait to read Immortals to see where Ednah Walters had taken Raine and Torin in this second installment. Immortals picks up shortly after Runes leaves off. Raine has had the battle of her life, gone head to head with the Norns to fight for Torin, and the now Torin can't remember her. She is determined to help him remember and help him fall in love with her all over again,which is harder on her emotionally than she thought, especially when you have every girl in school wanting a piece of him to. She discovers that her best friend Eirik isn't who she thought she was and he was and that she needs to protect him. Meanwhile, she is to start her training to become a Valkyrie, and she isn't quite sure just who she can trust. As the truth is revealed, Raine has to make some tough choices, but she is willing to do what it takes to save those that she loves, while coming to terms with who and what she is.

If you are a fan of Norse Mythology, then Immortals is a book you should definitely check out. I loved the first book in this series, and this book was even better. I loved seeing Raine grow and develop into quite the heroine in this book. She is determined to protect those that she loves and does it fiercely. Then there is Torin St. James, who I totally fell in love with - totally hot, bad boy, attitude, he has it all. I loved seeing where Ednah Walters took Raine and Torin's relationship in this book and the romance was quite hot. We also get to see the secondary characters from the first book that we have come to know and love. There is plenty of action with some twists and turns along the way that keep you on the edge of your seat waiting to see what happens next. I loved the way that Ednah Walters has woven the mythology and romance together in a contemporary setting. The ending was great to. This series is really a fantastic read that I thoroughly enjoyed and most definitely recommend. ( )
  alwaysyaatheart | Aug 24, 2013 |

Nothing can stop Raine Cooper when she wants something...
Raine finally knows that her gorgeous neighbor, Torin St. James, is a legend straight out of Norse mythology, and that her feelings for him are strong. Torin is crazy about Raine too, breaking the one rule he lives by: Never fall for a mortal. The problem is he no longer remembers her, his memories erased by Norns Norse destiny deities to punish her for defying them
So Raine comes up with a plan...
She will make Torin forget his one rule a second time and fall in love with her all over again. But she quickly learns that well-laid plans do not work when dealing with deities and supernatural beings. Desperate, Raine makes choices that could not only tear her and Torin further apart, but lead to the destruction of everything and everyone she loves.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:26 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,542,220 books! | Top bar: Always visible