The Black Widow by C. J. Johnson

by C. J. Johnson

312,001,085 (4)None
Recently added byjljaina, Chantelle713, catya77

★★★★The Black Widow (Kindle Edition) by C.J. Johnson

I was given this book in exchange for an honest review, so here goes....
I am a PRN/UF reader for the most part, but enjoy all genres. I was looking for something a little different from my norm, when I came across The Black Widow, and decided to give it a go.
I give this story a solid 3.5 STARS, but we'll round up to 4.
I am aware that my copy had not been to final editing yet, but it was full of misspelled/grammar issues. This drives me crazy, but I knew ahead of time. So hopefully, final editing takes care of those issues.
This story starts off with a young couple, Dave and Cheryl Turner. Both have numerous, one-night stands to their names. Cheryl has always suspected Dave's cheating ways. However, there has never been any love involved, so Cheryl has let it slide. But when an email shows up with pictures, the proof is there. This is not some random woman, never to be seen again, no, this one he sees daily. Cheryl catches a case of the "what ifs," with questions spinning are in her head, paranoia sets in. What if, he falls in love? What if, he divorces her? What if he takes all the money? What if, her family finds out? What if, Dave's out of the picture for good?
Solution- get rid of Dave. The only sure way to keep him quiet, save her reputation, have money, and come out with her head held high, murder Dave. And thanks to Dave's daily rituals, the plan was to easier,absolutely fool proof. But as the sayings go, " you must live with the consciences, " and " you can run, but you can't hide," they hold true in real life. And sometimes that burden is just to heavy to handle.
I enjoyed this book. It is an easy read, that I didn't want to put down. This book held my attention throughout. I have already recommended The Black Widow by: C J Johnson, to friends.
A couple things that bothered me, there was a sub story, around the middle, that had me lost for a minute. It was a seven year leap ahead. Once I got over that, it was right back to smooth reading. I also thought the " stalker," was a bit too predictable, but I seem to have a knack at picking, " the bad guys."

Overall I really enjoyed the book, and want to thank the author, for allowing me a glimpse of her creativity. ( )
  Chantelle713 | Sep 25, 2013 |

C. J. Johnson is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,009,850 books! | Top bar: Always visible