Dead Medium by Peter John

Dead Medium

by Peter John

What do a group of elderly women, a multitude of ghosts from different generations, a dead cat, and a college student have in common? Don't let a cantankerous old woman fool you. Peter John has come up with a genuinely different story and really hit it on target. We all know about mediums contacting the dead, but what if it's the other way around? This book has humor, relationships and a bit of terror thrown in the mix. What is it that haunts the dead? Where do they go from there? The characters have it covered one way or another, including Mr. Kibbles, May's dead cat, bringing a fascinating twist to the end. I scarcely put the book down once begun. ( )
  readerbynight | Jun 4, 2015 |
An Interesting Afterlife.

Miss May Elizabeth Trump is the main character in this original book about ghosts and what happens after you die. May wouldnÛªt let anyone into her life. She was viewed as a stern, uncaring sort of woman. Upon her death (the details of which I will save for the reader, it‰Ûªs too funny) she discovers feelings and capabilities that surprise her. One of those gifts is the ability to speak to the living. This ability gets May involved in a scheme to make money for Chloe, the daughter of another ghost named Penny. Along with a crew of older ladies, and ghosts, May holds sÌ©ances as a medium. This is just one part of this rich, funny, heart-warming, and at times chilling, story. ( )
  moongie | Feb 16, 2015 |
When May Trump finds herself dead, and a ghost, she finds her afterlife more enjoyable than her life. That is the only description I want to give. This is too much of a gem to give away more. I found this book totally delightful. The characters are wonderful. I wanted to get to know each of them personally. Even the least likable characters had something that made the compelling. Granted the story is sort of quirky, but that made it even more fun for me. And if you love an English village setting, this may be right up your street. I hope we hear more from some of these characters. ( )
  TheLibraryhag | Jul 10, 2014 |
This is a very entertaining and original story peopled with such well-drawn characters, I felt like I got to know them personally. At no point in the story did I know exactly where it was heading, which held my interest as well as the very realistic and witty banter between the characters who each had very well-defined personalities. The ending was such a surprise I had to retrace my steps a bit to see how the author pulled it off without tipping his hand. Very well done, indeed. ( )
  davis22star | May 11, 2014 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,939,009 books! | Top bar: Always visible