Fairest: In All the Land by Bill Willingham

Fairest: In All the Land

by Bill Willingham

A good re-entry to me as I dive into the final few collected Fables graphic novels. Anything featuring badass Cinderella as the protag is aces in my book right off the start. Not a super-fan of the textual intro and extro. ( )
  annhepburn | Mar 4, 2018 |
This spinoff story is a murder mystery that involves many of Fabletown’s best loved characters. Apparently the fairest of the fables are being brutally murdered by an unknown assailant. Cinderella is brought in to investigate.

At first I wondered if it was the author’s intention to kill off the series with this story as so many of Fabletown’s best characters are the victims, but in true fairytale fashion, once Cinderella puts the pieces together she finds that she will be able to bring back half of those that were slaughtered. Since each murder site involved two victims, one a main character while the other a lessor known identity, Cinderella was able to have the fairest and best known characters return.

And who is the villain who is doing this? Well, I won’t tell, but if you have read all of the Fables series, you will find the answer interesting. ( )
  DeltaQueen50 | Sep 4, 2016 |
Great story, even better layout. At first I was put off by the rotating artists, but then I started to love it. I enjoyed seeing the different depictions of our Fabletownians. ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
So I think that perhaps I should have gotten caught up on some previous volumes of Fables prior to reading this because I think I now know the outcome of Wolves in Heartland. Outside of that I am huge fan of Cinderella in Fables so this was already a step in the right direction. I really liked the Mirror and the mystery was definitely interesting. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

FAIREST has explored the secret histories of the most stunning beauties in Fabletown: Cinderella, Snow White, Briar Rose, Rapunzel, and the list goes on and on. In FAIREST IN ALL THE LAND, the best names in comics take their turns fleshing out the pasts of the loveliest Fables in existence.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,423,801 books! | Top bar: Always visible