When Girlfriends Chase Dreams by Savannah…

When Girlfriends Chase Dreams

by Savannah Page

121768,668 (4)None

What do best girlfriends do when one of their own is chasing the wedding planning dream?

In When Girlfriends Chase Dreams, the fourth installment of the When Girlfriends ... collection, author Savannah Page transports the reader back to Seattle for another visit with the six best girlfriends that we've come to know and love: Claire, Sophie, Robin, Lara, Jackie and Emily. This time it's Claire's turn to tell her story! After nagging longtime boyfriend Conner Whitley to get married, Conner finally proposed to Claire in When Girlfriends Make Choices, now it's time for Claire to plan her wedding in eight months . Claire takes the reader along for the ride on her journey to the altar with hilarious wedding plan mishaps and bridezilla moments, and in true bestie spirit, her five girlfriends are there to share in all the joy that wedded bliss will bring the bride-to-be.

There is nothing more enjoyable than reading a Chick Lit story about weddings, especially when you can relate to all the drama that the bride-to-be goes through when she is planning her special day. In When Girlfriends Chase Dreams, I found myself nodding my head, laughing and reminiscing about my own wedding as I followed Claire's journey down the wedding planning path to the altar. Every best laid plan can have snags, and Claire has her share in this entertaining story. Disagreements with her parents, picking fights with Conner, DYI snafus (and boy can I relate to these as I too did craft items for my wedding), to wedding planner and dress issues, our bridezilla sure had a hard time making final wedding plan decisions, but seriously girls... whose wedding plans have gone perfectly smooth with no hiccups?!

I really enjoyed catching up with all six girlfriends, the author does a great job of intertwining all of the latest news about each of the girls within the main storyline. She has a smooth style of integrating snippets from the previous books' storylines into the current book that makes it easy for the reader to feel like they haven't missed a thing while waiting to read the next installment in the collection. This is such a fun collection to read, the six girlfriends continue to show what true friendship is all about: through good and bad times, thick and thin, ups and downs, and every trial and tribulation that befalls them, these six lovely ladies are supportive and always there for each other. I am looking forward to reading about Emily's story in the next installment in the collection, When Girlfriends Take Chances.

If you are looking for a fast-paced, thoroughly fun and entertaining collection of Chick Lit stories that celebrates womanhood and the strong bonds of friendship, then When Girlfriends ... is a must read, you won't be disappointed!

Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the author in exchange for my honest review and participation in a virtual book tour event hosted by Chick Lit Plus Blog Tours.

http://jerseygirlbookreviews.blogspot.com/2013/07/when-girlfriends-chase-dreams-... ( )
  JerseyGirlBookReview | Jul 17, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,839,374 books! | Top bar: Always visible