Awaking (The Naturals, #1) by Madeline…

Awaking (The Naturals, #1)

by Madeline Freeman

I really liked this book and will read the next 2 for sure.

The characters are great, the story is fast paced and has tons of surprises. I'm glad I read this and won't miss the next 2 in the series. ( )

katsmiao | Oct 23, 2015 |
I am not entirely sure what I expected when I started reading this book, but it definitely wasn't what I found within its pages, that I can day with certainty.

Parts of the story seemed at once both formal and too informal. why was Morgan's father always referred to by his first name? That bothered me for reasons I all not able to identify.

For some reason, Orrick reminds me of some twisted, powder hungry cross between President Snow from the Hunger Games and Lord Voldemort of Harry Potter game. he is overly confident in his position and power and abilities and so expects no one to oppose him.

I will readily about that I could tell fairly early on that Mr. K was odd, and thwart he was going to play a much larger roll as time went on. I was both surprised and not to find or more about him toward the end.

I felt, though, like the book ended abruptly and entirely too soon. I felt like there should have been more, I needed there to have been more. By the time I was done, I was left with more questions than answers. Is it possible to have a book fell both unique and familiar at the same time? Because that is kind of how I feel right now. Surprised, but yet not at the same. I will withhold further judgment until I can read the rest of the series and see how things play out. ( )
  destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |

destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Madeline Freeman's book Awaking was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Madeline Freeman is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,931,001 books! | Top bar: Always visible