Jack and Yani Love Harry Potter by Mrs. Mary…

Jack and Yani Love Harry Potter

by Mrs. Mary E. Twomey

206515,329 (4.31)None

This is a fun, lighthearted story that sucked me in and didn't let me go until I was finished. The unrequited love between Jack and Yani is adorable, as is the quest they go on - Yani to try and forget about Jack, Jack to find Yani. ( )
  PhDinHorribleness | Sep 30, 2014 |
What a lovely, fun-filled, clean romantic comedy book! Highly liked the fan aspect of this book but you don't need to be a fan to enjoy reading this. I also liked that this group of characters were in their late 20's to early 30's. Lately a lot of romance books I've read are characters in their late teens to early 20's or to the older spectrum of a group in their late 30's to mid 40's. So having a group of characters in this age bracket was a nice surprise. Great character development and descriptive writing, good story line and a short, but complete, read. Mix in some nerdiness and geeky fandoms and you've got one fun-filled bundle of joy! Recommend for those with the fan geek inside them or those that want to understand their fan geek friend. Those that like a clean, fun, quick romantic read should also enjoy this book.

Receive this book via LibraryThing.com member giveaway for an honest review. ( )
  llyramoon | Jan 24, 2014 |
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

I loved this book. The characters were relatable and the storyline was well developed. It is not the fantasy genre but you don't have to be a fan of the genre to enjoy this book. I am looking forward to reading more by this author. ( )
1 vote sportzmomof5 | Nov 14, 2013 |
I selected this book based on the title. I too love Harry Potter and Twilight. I wasn't sure at the time where this story would lead the reader and I still wasn't sure after reading the first few chapters. Once Yani decided to go on the road trip I became interested. Before that I was thinking Jack is an idiot and very immature. Not someone I wanted to continue reading about. Once the road trip started, the writer kept my interest and did a decent job of unraveling the story. One annoying factor I could do without is the constant name changing of Chrissy. That was somewhat confusing if you kept putting the book down and picking it up again another day. I also found it completely unnecessary. I found the Rob Pattinson twist very surprising and well done! It is hard to write a book about romance because so many of them are cheesy and lame and this one was as well in the beginning but did alright later on. If you like romance stories then you should enjoy this one too. ( )
  Sparkle64 | Oct 24, 2013 |
This book was completely adorable! I really enjoyed the switching between the two main character's POV, allowing the reader to see and understand their relationship; it provided much needed background information and emotional situation. The characters of this book consist of the classic group of friends, which makes it only too easy to become part of the gang as they make their wild cross country journey. Also, the fact that the main character likes and visits the places of all my favorite books is so relatable, even the twilight parts because I can remember fangirling over that like no other. I am very jealous of all the places our leading lady Yani traveled to, but like they say books take you places so now I guess I can claim to have gone to this places as well, jk. Not only did this book have a great plot and theme and cast, it was written beautifully. It was hilarious and charming and heartfelt. even though I only kind of see the relevance of the candy blog I still really enjoyed reading the commentary each time. Lastly, I would just like to ask the author one question 'does Robbert Patternson know he is in your book?' can you even do that without his permission? ( )
  marandaray | Oct 7, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 148196951X, Paperback)

Best friends Jack and Yani do everything together. After Yani’s thirtieth birthday party, however, she decides to leave town on a spontaneous vacation to visit all the sites of the young adult fiction novels she loves, hoping that when she returns, she’ll have buried the secret flame she has for Jack. Forced by his friends to go on a road trip to track down Yani, Jack learns a lot about his best friend by reading the novels she’s been obsessed with. From vampire hunting in Forks to searching for wizards in Florida, Jack confronts his greatest fears –that he just might love Harry Potter…and perhaps, Yani.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:54 -0400)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Mrs. Mary E. Twomey's book Jack and Yani Love Harry Potter was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,136,911 books! | Top bar: Always visible