Falken's Woods by Sara-Beth Cole

Falken's Woods

by Sara-Beth Cole

I was given the opportunity to read this for free in exchange for an honest review from librarything.com.

This wasn't the mindless drivel found in so many of YA books today. Very entertaining and engaging. Will read others by this author. ( )
  LoriHopkins | May 19, 2014 |
Falken's Woods was a well written YA book. I would recommend it to all YA readers. This book touches on real life issues and emotions. I can not wait to read more from this author. ( )
  HeatherBennett32 | Mar 24, 2014 |
fter the death of her mother Regina is sent to live with her father's sister, her Aunt Liddy.

A city girl at heart, and still mourning the loss of her mother Regina resents being sent off to live with a virtual stranger. Aunt Liddy lives in a very small town and makes her living selling soaps, candles, tea and other natural healing products made with the flowers and herbs from her garden. Given the option of either working in the garden or taking a walk in the surrounding forsest Regina opts for the walk. The land that the forest is on is owned by neighbours who have been feuding with Regina's family. On this walk she meets a boy, who seems to have one personality one day and another the next.
I was enjoying the book right up until a specific point when the story took a turn that made me unable to suspend disbelief. The characters were intriguing, the little look at herbal medicene was interesting and Regina's struggle to cope with her mothers death was dealt with in a very real way.
Had it not been for that unusal plot twist this would have definately been a five star book.

I received this book for free inb exchange for this honest review. ( )
  lexiesmom | Nov 20, 2013 |
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

This was a well written YA novel. It had characters that you quickly became endeared to. The locations are described so well you can imagine the places as you read. This is a great young adult story in the way that it touches on real life issues. I look forward to reading more from this author and I have already recommended this book to two people. ( )
  sportzmomof5 | Oct 28, 2013 |
Nice YA romance, with mysterious paranormal/horror and coming of age elements extending and strengthening the story line. Strong, believable characters with real development, and if there are traces of instalove in the immediate attraction between H and h, the realistic romantic development makes up for that. One good touch was the common sense shown by the h while she's investigating the mystery; too often an amateur sleuth parks her brain and does stoopid things to move the plot along and set up scary scenes, but this author didn't resort to such measures. That's worth an extra star, right there.

Note that this book does need a line editor and proofreader. There are problems with verb tenses, missing and added words, and the occasional clumsy sentence. For the most part, these errors don't detract from the book's enjoyment factor, but readers, if you're sensitive to such, consider yourself warned.

Full disclosure: I received a free copy of this book through the Library Thing Member Giveaway program in exchange for an honest review. This assessment would be no different if I had bought the book or nabbed it as an Amazon freebie. ( )
  GunnarGrey | Sep 23, 2013 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Sara-Beth Cole's book Falken's Woods was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Sara-Beth Cole is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,429,868 books! | Top bar: Always visible