Avoiding Temptation by K. A. Linde

Avoiding Temptation

by K. A. Linde

How to write this review....

Lexi. I never really cared for her. After this book, I really don't care for her. Her inability to not only commit but to be honest with herself is infuriating! I just want to slap her many times!!! I think I may have said that in the past about her!

Jack. I have always despised him. This time around is no different. I just wish he would do everyone a favor and jump off of a cliff!

Bekah... I don't really need to go into detail about her. She is the one we all love to hate. Nothing has changed.

Ramsey. I have always felt sorry for him. From the very beginning, I felt bad for him. In this book, I really felt for him. He fell for the wrong woman. The woman that will never be able to make up her mind or open her heart completely!

With that... Let the love triangle commence. Yes, I said let it commence. Just when you thought that things were going to go forward with Lexi and Ramsey... Did you really think it would be that simple? I mean, really?

There is a proposal. There is a yes. Question is, is there a wedding? Well, I cannot tell you that one. I can tell you that Jack has weaseled his way in. Ramsey and Lexi are engaged. Jack and Bekah are getting divorced... Chyna and Adam are engaged and getting ready to tie the knot.

So where does that leave us? Indecisions. Unsure. Evil plotting. Confused. Heartbroken. Overwhelmed. Disgusted. I can keep on going with the one-liners.

The ending... I was pissed all the way off! I did not like the ending at all! It is not what I wanted. It is not how I would have had things go. Some got what was coming to them, and others were not worthy of happiness. And some, did not get any happiness at all!

So you are probably wondering why I gave this 4-stars. Well, that is because of everything I have said above and then some. Yes, things aren't going to go the way you want all of the time, but that is what makes this book worthy of 4-stars. The number of emotions you will feel alone are 4-star worthy. I have had messages from people saying they hated this book... The idea of rating a book isn't just about what you wanted to happen; it's more about how it is written, how the story is told, and how well it kept you on the edge of your seat. So yes, this is totally a 4-star book!!! ( )
  UANBookAddict | Dec 3, 2015 |
5 "That's how you do it!" Stars!

This series messed with my head just as hard as the Opportunist series did.

For me, the Avoiding and the Opportunist series were rough introductions to a world where not all stories ended with "...and they lived happily every after." Where just wanting something badly enough doesn't make it so and where soul mates ending up together is not always promised!

^^ I know right!

It drove me insane but I was hooked at the same time! I love to torture myself with angsty stuff and the Avoiding series has it all! I loved Jack from the moment we met him at the coffee shop and even through times where I knew I shouldn't, especially after all his douchy moves and bad judgement calls. I just couldn't help myself. I loved and hated him with a passion like no other!

Then enters Ramsey! At first, I wasn't feeling him at all. No one compared to Jack-ass in my mind, I felt we were force fed Ramsey because he seemed like the safer choice. But slowly he won me over and I honestly didn't know who I wanted Lexi with anymore. I'm not going to lie, Ramsey showed up with his A-game in book 3! Thus adding to my confusion! Jack or Ramsey? Ramsey or Jack?

My absolute favorite thing about this series is when in the midst of Lexi irking the shit out of me by doing a bunch of dumb things like answering her phone when she shouldn't, saying yes instead of saying no, and not drop kicking bitch face Bekah every time she opened her mouth to speak, she always managed to find a true moment of clarity in every book. Suddenly she would see things for what they really were and make a kickass decision to do what she wanted instead of what everyone else wanted! For that she rocks!

One of my top 5 All time favorite series! A MUST READ! Love doesn't begin to cover my feelings for it! ( )
  GwendolynGrace | Jul 15, 2015 |
Edit 14 diciembre

Sinceramente , es muy deprimente que "romance" sea una mujer que se dececepciona constantemente de un hombre infiel ,; que "amor" sea esa misma protagonista que espera durante años a que un tipo le de pelota , ; que "felices para siempre" sea la susodicha que deja de lado todo lo que forjo durante años para dedicarse ESE mismo hombre causante de todos sus pesares ....

deprimente dije? Mejor dicho , Irritante . Esta claro para que clase de lectoras se escriben estas novelas . Si estos son los nuevos estereotipos de "antihéroes" que hay que leer , prefiero dedicarme a otra cosa este verano .

Tana French y James Elroy me están esperando bajo el sol y pienso terminar la ultima temporada de The Killing (la de Linden y Holder , no la original) en las noches libres... bastante mejor esas opciones , no?

._---_--------

Lo primero que hice fue ir al ultimo capítulo para ver con quien se quedaba Lexi . Odio los triángulos amorosos , Los ODIO ! Hay veces (cuando el triangulo es demasiado alpedo) que prefiero sacarme la intriga irritante de saber con quien se queda de una vez antes de empezar y así leer tranquila (y mas en este caso que Jack fue el masculino mas repelente que tuve el fastidio de leer -pero era el punto , no? Jack es como es porque es el "villano" , el chico del que Lexi se decepciona tras años de amor no correspondido para luego seguir a cosas mejores .... ejemplo , Ramsey ) .

Así que eso hice . Me fije brevemente con quien se quedaba y , perdonen las malas palabras pero ...

Que carajo???Que clase de final es ese? Tiro a la mierda todo el crecimiento personal de la femenina y la "moraleja" que deja en los primeros dos libros . Es directamente como si esos dos nunca hubiesen existido!! Ahora me pregunto : En serio?? Tan desesperadas están estas autoras por hacer sus historias iguales al romance de Vampire diaries que están dispuestas a traicionar a sus propios personajes para estar acordes a lo que ven en la serie ? ( se nota , se re notaque todos los masculinos "rebeldes" del new adult no son otros que Damon y Stefan con distintos nombres y este final me prueba que Jack y Ramsey no escapan tampoco ) .

Una Decepción . Y creo que la mayoría de las lectoras (por lo que leo en las reseñas previas) van a estar de acuerdo también . ( )
  LaMala | Jul 8, 2015 |
Biggest waste of time ever! Repetitive, whiny heroine, cheating lead and awful ending! ( )
  TexasBookLover7 | Jun 16, 2015 |
sad this series is over but i loved ever minute of it. I have all these visions of whats happening to them since the ending and wish I could watch/read it play out. But my shirt should be here any day now So i have that to look forward too.
  Hbeck | Aug 19, 2014 |

In the final installment of the Avoiding series, Lexi has to make a choice: Ramsey, John, or the newly-divorced Jack.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,614,910 books! | Top bar: Always visible