This Time Around by Ellie Grace

This Time Around

by Ellie Grace

Can you help me? My face is in a permanent cringe.

A bad boy, who sleeps with everything, but isn't a bad boy. Only finds you attractive when wearing nothing. Likes cheese, lots of cheese - and I'm not talking about the dairy kind nor the explicit kind. Basically, that persona falls under my definition of a complete tool. Ladies, stay away!

Also, did you know the male anatomy could cut diamonds? No? Me neither. But this book did make me think about the possibilities. Probably not the direction the author was looking for. ( )
  LaurenKathryn | Mar 31, 2014 |
This Time Around is a wonderful summer read that resembles the feel of Sweet Home Alabama. Two teens are in love but get separated after high school. A wedding forces them to interact again a few years later. Despite the pain, they try to keep their feelings from each other, yet are still drawn to each other. Jake is a super sweet, romantic man and Nora is a strong woman. In the midst of the two reconnecting and trying to figure out the future, lies are uncovered that could change everything they know.

I would have liked a bit more to their story, or a prologue to the book, but honestly that is my only complaint. This Time Around was sweet and romantic, yet had some heart-stopping angst. I loved their steamy scenes and the humor that definitely balanced out the book. The romance is the real-life relatable kind that makes you smile when you are done reading.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this book! ( )
  asgwilli | Dec 2, 2013 |
This Time Around was perfect and that is exactly the reason why it wasn’t for me.

Perfect guy, perfect girl, perfect relationship that blossoms as soon as they meet again, perfect jobs, almost-perfect parents that at the end turn out perfect.

When I read the summary, I thought that there would be a little more conflict between the two of them since Nora was heart broken all these years. But right when she gets back home, Jake and her patch things up right away and everyone is happy. Of course, the author wanted to show some sort of emotional rollercoaster so there was problem with Nora’s parents and a bitch named Lindsey who was jealous of Nora’s and Jake’s love. But of course it doesn’t stop them with being in puppy-love stage most of the time.

Writing was enjoyable except some of the conversations that they had felt force and unreal. Again, might not be a problem for some people but if you’re someone that’s really picky when it comes to the book, you might notice this as well.

I did enjoy the book but would loved to see more spice, more raw emotions and not just lovey-dovey kisses. This story did remind me of Notebook (which I loved) but it felt more natural then This Time Around, even if it was very sweet. ( )
  SpicedLatte | Aug 1, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,688,913 books! | Top bar: Always visible