Moonlight on My Mind by Jennifer McQuiston

Moonlight on My Mind

by Jennifer McQuiston

A delightful historical romance to listen to. While it follows the typical formula for a HR, it included enough nuances, including a couple of plot-twist surprises, to keep my attention. Both the writer and the narrator of this book are new to me, and I would definitely read and/or listen to other titles by either or both. ( )
  Conkie | Mar 25, 2016 |
The plot of this historical romance was interesting and it started out pretty good but before long they began to ruminate a lot. It seemed for every paragraph of dialog there was two pages of thinking about it and I began skimming. Julianne seeks out Patrick in Scotland and she wonders if he is really a murderer.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
Almost a year previous, Julianne spoke a true statement from what she knew, and it resulted in Patrick fleeing to Scotland, an innocent man who didn't do anything wrong but see his brother be killed. Julianne has gone up to see Patrick, to make amends and bring him back to his family, and to make sure he is exonerated. But they are found alone at his residence, with the local Pastor witnessing. So Patrick convinces Julianne to marry him to save her reputation, but he is marrying her for more reasons that she realizes. Patrick at first is outraged to see the one woman who ruined him. But he starts to soften toward her, when he sees the woman that is beneath the outer layer, a woman of passion and warmth. As Patrick and Julianne journey together to see that Patrick is proven innocent, intrigue and turmoil surround them, but then a deep desire only binds them stronger. And only when they learn to trust in that bond, will they be able to find a future...together.

Moonlight On My Mind is the most recent addition byJennifer McQuiston. The more I get a chance to read this author, the more I am impressed. Each new book is just better than the last one, and Moonlight On My Mind was brilliant! When I read the synopsis, I didn't know if I would like it or not. But after reading the first chapter or two I was totally into the story and I had no problem reading it. Even though officially these three books aren't part of a series, they are connected to each other. Each of the heroes are close friends, and I enjoyed seeing a bit of the past two heroes a bit involved in this one.

The story sets off drawing the reader with Julianne and Patrick being forced to help each other, and we see a flicker of sparks between them. The plot thickens even more when they end up getting married, and go back down to his family's home. We see their relationship deepened further when the conflicts surrounding them rises. Patrick is determined to find who murdered his brother, before the law comes after him. There was plenty of shocks and surprises and the ending really blew me away, I definitely never expected that little surprise, but I do love it when a story turns out in a way you least expect it. Adds a certain thrill to the enjoyment of the story.

Overall I found Moonlight On My Mind a enticing and sensual romance that is packed with intrigue, danger, and plenty of romance for any reader!! STIMULATING TO THE END!! ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 24, 2014 |

McQuiston, Jenniferprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Weston, Lana J.Readermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
HarperAudioPublishersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

To ruin a man's life once takes a regrettable mistake. To do so twice takes a woman like Julianne Baxter.

Eleven months ago, Julianne's statement to the authorities wrongly implicated Patrick, the new Earl of Haversham, in his older brother's death. The chit is as much trouble as her red hair suggests, and just as captivating. Now she has impetuously tracked him to the wilds of Scotland, insisting that he return home to face a murder charge and save his family from ruin. A clandestine wedding may be the only way to save her reputation—and his neck from the hangman's noose.

Julianne has no objection to the match. More and more she's convinced of Patrick's innocence, though when it comes to igniting her passions, the man is all too guilty. And if they can only clear his name, a marriage made in haste could bring about the most extraordinary pleasure...

"Eleven months ago, Julianne's statement to the authorities wrongly implicated Patrick, the new Earl of Haversham, in his older brother's death. The chit is as much trouble as her red hair suggests, and just as captivating. Now she has impetuously tracked him to the wilds of Scotland, insisting that he return home to face a murder charge and save his family from ruin. A clandestine wedding may be the only way to save her reputation--and his neck from the hangman's noose. Julianne has no objection to the match. More and more she's convinced of Patrick's innocence, though when it comes to igniting her passions, the man is all too guilty. And if they can only clear his name, a marriage made in haste could bring about the most extraordinary pleasure."--from cover, page [4].… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,422,380 books! | Top bar: Always visible