The Truth About Riley by Henrietta Clarke

I WANT THIS NOW!!!!

I have. *claps hands excitedly*

Tee-hee
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |
Future BR with MMM...Marte, Marco and Momo. :)
  JulieCovington | May 29, 2016 |
Maybe this book went on a bit too long, and it drew out the frustration with Riley near the breaking point, as other readers have suggested, but I guess I'm a sucker, because I adored nearly every word.

This is a true SLOW burn romance, and had I known that "the end" wasn't going to be the end, but really, the beginning of a story to be continued next year, I probably wouldn't have read it yet, but I am so glad I didn't know that. This book pulled me in in a way that no book has in a while.

Riley was scarred three years ago in a fire, and apparently, has only met shallow people who recoiled at the mere sight of his scars. Understandably, Riley is lonely and very very wary. When he and Cam strike up a phone only relationship, he has a very hard time trusting in Cam.

The phone calls were at turns funny, sexy, moving, and sad, and I spent my night/morning alternating between laughs and tears.

My heart broke over and over for both of these men, so loveable in their own ways, and I can't wait to see how it goes now that they have finally really met face to face. ( )
1 vote Bitchie | Sep 21, 2013 |
3.5 stars. Enjoyable, but a little too long for the story that was told. Also, it irked me that this wasn't marketed as the beginning of a series and ended in a mild cliffhanger. You don't find out there's a sequel planned until the last page. I've gotten to the point where I hate reading an unfinished series because so many authors use a cliffhanger to get you to buy the next book. Here's a hint: If I liked the book and enjoyed your writing, I'll buy the next one. That said, this one is very mild and didn't draw my ire like most authors, but I still felt a little robbed of my ending. ( )
  .riley. | Sep 21, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 098748706X, Paperback)

Riley Aylworth's life has been completely devoid of intimate contact since a fire three years ago left him with horrific facial scarring, so when he finds an ad for a phone sex service, he decides to give it call. Except that the number is not a phone sex service-it's the revenge Cameron Kirkwood's ex-boyfriend took on the uptight advertising executive after Cam forget their anniversary and accidentally put him in the hospital. Needless to say, after thirty-nine disturbing calls seeking phone sex, Cameron is at the end of his tether and yells at his fortieth caller. What he doesn't expect is for Riley to hit redial and yell right back. The argument helps both Cameron and Riley vent about their issues, and when they've calmed down, they decide to exchange numbers and talk again. From this decision springs a friendship which, over time, grows into a gentle romance-all over the phone, because Riley is too scared to meet Cam in person. Showing a potential boyfriend his disfigured face is the fastest way to get rejected, right? Even a month of scorching hot phone sex can't change his mind, no matter how hard Cam tries to persuade him that with their phone chemistry, the sex would be so much better in person. Meanwhile, Cam is haunted by the scarred blond he seems to be seeing everywhere, and Riley can't get the handsome brunet who always seems happy to see him out of his mind. It's a shock to both men to realise that the guy they're falling for over the phone is also the man who brightens their day with just a smile; but it's one thing to let a stranger smile at you and quite another to let him close enough to see into your soul. If Riley can't break down the walls in his mind and believe that Cameron loves him in spite of his scars, their relationship may be doomed before they've even had a chance to kiss.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:49 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,419,027 books! | Top bar: Always visible