Love & Misadventure by Lang Leav

Love & Misadventure

by Lang Leav

It's crazy how much I can relate to some of these poems. Gimme some more. ( )
  Denicbt | Feb 5, 2018 |
These are the poems that I like on this book: Just Friends, Afraid to Love, A Way Out, The Keeper, and Jealousy. Is it me or it is just that some of the poems included here are either lack in depth or feelings?

But despite of that, I really like Lost Things

and Dead Butterflies

especially the latter. I might have enjoyed these books of Lang Leav if I am either in love or heartbroken at the moment.
  fugou | Aug 14, 2017 |
This is about 3.5 stars. This was lovely and had some beautiful works inside it. However, it didn't resonate with me like I expected. After reading other books of modern poetry (which is a very new thing for me), and after seeing such praise for Lang's work, I expected to fall head over feet in love with this. And I didn't. That being said, this is a wonderful book of poetry and prose. I enjoyed reading it and look forward to reading more of Ms. Leav's work. I also think a second reading of this book could be in my future. For now I will say I did enjoy it. ( )
  Virago77 | Aug 2, 2017 |
Love & Misadventure by Lang Leav

Do you love poems? Lang Leav’s poem are short but straight to the point, you can feel directly the pain with those short words. It’s amazing! It’s an easy read and if you are opted to find a painful read — this one is for you!

“It was a question I had worn on my lips for days – like a loose thread on my favourite sweater I couldn’t resist pulling – despite knowing it could all unravel around me.

“Do you love me?” I ask.

In your hesitation I found my answer.” ( )
  Rafael_Ray | Aug 27, 2016 |
I'm not normally a fan of books of poems, but this one was so sweet and I found myself really enjoying it. ( )
  readlifeaway | Aug 21, 2016 |

Lang Leav is a poet and internationally exhibiting artist. Awarded a coveted Churchill Fellowship, her work expresses the intricacies of love and loss. Beautifully illustrated and thoughtfully conceived, Love and Misadventure will take you on a rollercoaster ride through an ill-fated love affair- from the initial butterflies to the soaring heights- through to the devastating plunge. Lang Leav has an unnerving ability to see inside the hearts and minds of her readers. Her talent for translating complex emotions with astonishing simplicity has won her a cult following of devoted fans from all over the world.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:38 -0400)

Beautifully illustrated and thoughtfully conceived, Love and Misadventure will take you on a rollercoaster ride through an ill-fated love affairfrom the initial butterflies through the soaring heights to the devastating plunge. And, in the end, the message is one of hope. The journey from love to heartbreak to finding love again is personal yet universal. Lang Leav's evocative poetry speaks to the soul of anyone who is on this journey. Leav has an unnerving ability to see inside the hearts and minds of her readers. Her talent for translating complex emotions with astonishing simplicity has won her a cult following of devoted fans from all over the world.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,509,570 books! | Top bar: Always visible