Mail Order Frank by Allen Chapman

by Allen Chapman

212,551,640 (4)None
Recently added byamzmchaichun, johnandlisa

Bound to Succeed :or, Mail Order Frank's Chances
“Mother, I must do something, and that right quickly.”
It was Frank Newton who was talking. His voice was composed, but determined. His face was calm, but there was a resolute look in his eyes. It told that under the surface some unusual emotion was stirring Frank.
“I don’t see how you can do any more than you are doing now,” responded his mother with an anxious sigh. “Of course it seems hard to get along with so little when we have been used to having so much. But, oh, Frank, when I think of what was once—you away, I knew not where, and my heart breaking to find out—I am grateful and happy, and so very proud of you, my dear, dear boy.”
Frank’s lip quivered at the fervent words spoken. They inspired him with their eloquence. His hand trembled as it rested on his mother’s arm gently and lovingly.
“It’s worth everything to have you talk that way, mother,” he said in quite a husky voice, “and kind words and good opinion just makes me the more resolved to better things.”
“Don’t be ungrateful or complaining, my boy.”
“It’s never that, mother.”
“And don’t be too ambitious, or too reckless. We have a roof to shield us and food to eat, thanks to your busy endeavors. The lawyer gives us hopes that we may recover something from the wreck of our lost fortune. I don’t know of any better outlook for the present, than to wait patiently and see what turns up in the way of an improvement in affairs.” ( )
  amzmchaichun | Jul 20, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,863,128 books! | Top bar: Always visible