What's in Your 24? How to Get It Done…

What's in Your 24? How to Get It Done Without Getting Outdone

by Dana Simone Stovall

222,551,640 (4)None

See full review @ The Indigo Quill: http://theindigoquill.blogspot.com/2013/08/review-whats-in-your-24-by-dana-simon...

"...I learned from motivational speaker Jonathan Sprinkles that knowledge isn't power at all, but applied knowledge is power."

What's in Your 24? is a self-help book to get you organized and motivated. Dana Simone Stovall efficiently lays out a plan that allows us to juggle all the tasks that life requires of us, while also finding time to get fit. And the best part? She fit all of her little tips into 60 pages. Finally, someone who realizes that if you're going to write a book about time management, your book itself needs to fit into this category as well!

I found that Miss Stovall had some excellent points in this book, like finding time for yourself when it seems you're drowning yourself in people-pleasing or, of course, many of her "Time Efficiency Tips". I especially like the idea of writing motivation on the bathroom mirror! There is also scripture included with each segment. You will find some tips that will help you create time to work out and stay fit while still taking your kids to practice or getting them to do homework.

I think the only thing I didn't really like was that although there are several pieces of good advice in this book, I felt like it was almost too self-centered. What I mean is, if we are applying scripture to our daily habits, then I think it's also important to remember that God comes first, and we come second. Like Mary Kay Ash laid out as principal for us: God first. Family second. Career third. There were a few times in this book where it was literally said that "we come first". I understand the need for us to weed out the people-pleasing in our lives. I'm just as guilty as the next woman of getting caught in that trap, but if we're going to be applying The Word to the reinvention of ourselves, then we need to truly apply it, not just fit it in wherever we want to. I think this could be misconstrued as making us a little too much in control of our lives and being dependent on ourselves rather than the Creator. If there was a little more focus on that aspect, I probably would've given this 5 stars.

If you're looking for a time-efficient Self-Help book to use as a guideline and a motivator, then I would recommend What's In Your 24? I will definitely be applying many of these principals to my daily life, but I think I'll trade the lipstick for an actual marker meant for writing on mirrors. ;) ( )
  TheIndigoQuill | Nov 7, 2015 |
This book is useful for women that are seeking time management skills. The author gives suggestions on how to set goals. The goals range between getting your dream job to making a perfect dinner. She suggests that instead of chatting with the other soccer mom's you use the practice time for yourself and exercise, get your nails done or run an errand that needs to be done. Some things are pretty easy and common practice, but she has a lot of worth while suggestions on how to run your life smoothly. The book took less than an hour for me to read and I feel it was well worth it.

Rating: 4

NO Heat Rating

Reviewed By: Rae
Courtesy of My Book Addiction And More ( )
  MyBookAddiction | Jul 20, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,281,209 books! | Top bar: Always visible