Tears of Tess by Pepper Winters

Tears of Tess (2013)

by Pepper Winters

I normally give 5 STARS to books that "stick" in my mind/thoughts way after I complete them.
My hope was this would not be too dark for me to finish. The beginning chapters were intriguing to me. As a captivity story, my mind could not always wrap around why the Captive & even the Captor reacted ‘odd’ at certain times. Anyway, I still could not stop reading! I really enjoyed the epilogue because it was the Captor’s POV. This was DARK for me mainly because the Captive’s thoughts were consenting to some of the bdsm scenes drawing blood (abused harshly).
“Monsters” accurately describes this book. They ALL need psychiatric counseling. I may need it now too. The characters, Tess & Q, are still haunting my mind. Even So, I will probably read the second book once I have time to read some more HEA stories. :D ( )
  MsButterfly | Aug 20, 2017 |
At first, I am appalled that I liked this book so much. It is everything degrading to a woman and the horrors she endures I cannot even fathom. But it was a page turner I have to admit. Tess has finally gotten what she wants...a break from reality and a chance to show her boyfriend her secret desires. But on their mini holiday in Mexico, Tess is abducted and sold into slavery/human trafficking. Beaten, bruised and terrified, she shows up on the doorstep of her new master still with her fighting spirit. And this intrigues the master of the house. Q is a well dressed, handsome man who has dark tendancies lurking behind his cerulean blue eyes. And Tess fights him at every opportunity. But the fighting is what turns Q on...and Tess. Together, the pair will trade their dark secrets and try to carry on together as master and slave, even when the time comes for the truth to come out. ( )
  wndy2011 | Mar 5, 2017 |
While Tess is on holiday in Mexico, she falls into the hands of skeevy kidnappers who incapacitate (kill?) her drippy boyfriend Brax. After some initial abuse when our heroine displays her feistiness she is delivered to her new owner Q to begin her new life as a (sex) slave.

Nominally Dark Erotica, this isn't a cosy read to go with your tea and biccies, but if you're a thrillseeker who wants their fiction to be edgier than a Swiss army knife you will probably enjoy the teeth-jangling tension and mindfuckery.

Still I'm in two minds about it. The first part of the book is quite riveting, but the twist ending doesn't even make sense in the context of the story. ( )
  SFF1928-1973 | Nov 15, 2016 |
This defiantly falls into the realm of dark but yet its hero isn’t quite what you think he is. Tess Snow was a late oops in her parents’ life. They were ready to retire and instead they had a late in life baby that they never nourished with love. So Tess has always been looking for that something to fill in that void and thinks she found it in her boyfriend as he wants to take care of her. Problem is Tess wants to be taken care of in a more masochistic way, which even surprises her, and her boyfriend is abhorred she could even be thinking such things. They go on a trip to Mexico where Tess is hoping they can rekindle their sex life and instead she gets kidnapped and sold into slavery.

Here is where the story takes a different turn. While still in Mexico with the kidnappers and branded as a slave Tess vows to never let them break her no matter what they have in store for her and she fights them at every turn. She is finally sold to who she assumes is a sex trader and will have to become his slave. But Q doesn’t buy women for the reason you think. Tess doesn’t know this in the beginning and these two are at in a battle of wills which we see turns Q on more than it should. Tess also struggles with how turned on she gets with his rough treatment and punishments. One the one hand its something she also wanted from her boyfriend but Q is the man holding her against her will she shouldn’t be having these feelings for him.

Q history is explained from his POV towards the end of the book which helps you understand why he is the way he is and why he takes slaves on and then releases them back to their families. When the time came to let Tess go neither really wanted that but the saying - Set Them Free. If They Come Back They’re Yours really comes into play here.

I see this was a three book series but I liked the ending of this one so much and from what I’ve read about what happens in the second one I think I am going to stop with this one. If you like dark romances with a BDSM theme and anti hero’s I defiantly say this this book/author a try. ( )
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
A book with a twist but it was good

THIS WAS ME FOR 3 Fucking months ( )
  Deleine | May 10, 2016 |
This book is dedicated to all the Bloggers, Facebook Friends, Beta Readers, Reviewers, and Amazing People around the web. The success of Tears of Tess belongs to you wonderful people.

A huge, heart-felt thank you.
Three little words.
Holy hell, did I invite this by wanting to be rougher with Brax? Did my fate decide I had a life too perfect and granted my sick desires in the worst way possible?

A story about finding love in the strangest of places, a will of iron that grows from necessity, and forgiveness that may not be enough.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,733,461 books! | Top bar: Always visible