Take Two by Laurelin Paige

Take Two

by Laurelin Paige

After graduation, Maddie Bauers finds herself an outsider at a getting-wilder-by-the-second party, so she finds a quiet spot, away from the insanity, where she can sit back and bide her time until it's finally time to go. Only her hiding place hasn't gone unnoticed by everyone, and there in the shadows is the most beautiful man she's ever seen.

Fast forward several years, and while Micah may have forgotten all about Maddie, she's followed his successful career, whether she means to or not. He's a regular in the magazines, on the red carpet, and next to beautiful models and celebrities with whom she could never hope to compete. She's never forgotten their amazing chemistry... or the fact that he never called. So when fate throws her into production of one of his movies, she's not sure how to react -- until it's clear he doesn't even remember her.

Micah's career took off so suddenly and quickly that he's never really had a relationship since. When he was open to something more, his job and image got in the way. And now that he's found success, it seems ever potential girlfriend has another agenda. The last thing he needs is someone more interested in his fame than in his heart, but standing face-to-face with Maddie again, he's having trouble sticking to his own no-dating rules.

As much as I enjoyed their story, the book's ending came a little too quickly for me. Maddie and Micah's relationship was intense, filled with fun and drama, and so perfectly played out that I couldn't put the book down! But the book's ending happened very quickly -- one moment I was wondering just how these two were going to work it out, and the next moment it was all wrapped up. I fully expected to turn the page and find an epilogue that gave me a peek past their riding off into the sunset, so I was rather disappointed that after their crazy journey and concerns about how their relationship would fare in the public eye, that part was never introduced.

OMG, the chemistry between these two! It's a great read, and while the whole falling for a famous guy thing has been done before, Take Two takes it in a different and entirely wonderful direction. Instead of being some random woman fangirling over Mr. Rich and Famous, Maddie actually has a history with Micah, albeit a very brief one. Their attraction to each other and reluctance to give into it had me reading as fast as I could to get to the good stuff, and I loved that Maddie didn't compromise who she was or in any way change her aspirations to follow wherever Micah went. Take Two is a fantastic story that delivers all the romance and chemistry without sacrificing realistic character personalities and reactions, and it had me hooked from the very start.

***FicCentral received this book from Inkslinger PR for free in exchange for an honest review. Even so, we're far too opinionated to let a freebie influence our thoughts or the contents of the reviews we post here. ( )
  ysar | Jul 8, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,398,028 books! | Top bar: Always visible