Wasted Heart (Ruining, #3) by Nicole Reed

Wasted Heart (Ruining, #3)

by Nicole Reed

Full review now Posted

Absolutely Rock Star Awesome. Nicole Wrote Rhye's Story beautifully...

Rhye... we first met him in The Ruining Series. I loved him in that series. I am so happy that Nicole gave him his own book!!!!! I would suggest to FULLY understand this book read the first two in the Ruining series first. That way you can completely understand Rhye and why he is the way he is.

Anyone that know Nicole know that she LOVES angst, she thrives on it!!! She brings it out in her books amazingly with every word.She writes so amazingly that she has you feeling every emotion with her characters.

We all love a bad-boy rock star and with Rhye we get that and so much more.

“Who are you?”

The image in the mirror staring back at me feigns disinterest.

Rock star? Recovering addict? Murderer?

”Everyone I’ve ever cared about turned away, chose someone or something else.”

Rhye, we pick up with him 4 yrs after he is a discovered Rock Star. He made it big, but now 4 years later he feels like a wasted space person, he is lost, a tortured soul broken, and he does not feel anything anymore. He does have a heart but he does not feel he has a right to use it or to show anyone his feelings. He has one chance left with his record company to bring himself out of the whole he is in and make something of his group. If he fails they will drop him at the record label.

“The music doesn’t run through my veins like it used to. It doesn’t lead me. It doesn’t sing through my blood and bleed out through my lyrics. It doesn’t make me feel anything anymore.”

Watching Rhye in the beginning and seeing the struggles he was going through with himself broke my heart. When he decided to take the deal from the record label for someone else and not for himself it reminded me once again how much I loved Rhye and his BIG heart.

Syd, I LOVED her. She uses her music as her own therapy. She has a grief filled past. She pours her heart and soul into her lyrics and music. She gets her big break with a record label where she has to record a duet with Rhye in Nashville. Rhye who in the beginning does not care about anyone or anything. We soon see what these two mean to each other. We see first hand how one person can help a person bring themselves out of the hole they are in. Syd loves with everything she has, she is passionate, she is caring 100% and she does everything in her power to help Rhye. In the process she falls in love with him completely.

Will Syd change Rhye? Will she be able to get him to open up and realize that his heart is not wasted after all?

Some of my other favorite quotes from the book :

"I suffer greatly for my sins. I've never needed a judge or jury because I crucify myself just fine."

"His voice. God that voice. The deep, raspy tone gives me chill bumps just thinking about it. It reaches down inside and tugs at every string you possess."

“If I take you, I can’t say what you need to hear. Not because I wouldn’t mean it, but because I don’t know what it really means. Something is so fucking wrong inside of me that I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to be fixed. Even at this moment, if it was a choice between a hit of smack or you, I wish I could tell you, without another thought, that it would be you, but I can’t,”

“After spending today with you, I know you could live here forever and be content, but even now, I’m becoming jittery, needing more than the silence and the peace. I can’t fix me for you anymore than you could dirty yourself up enough for me. I don’t want to sleep with you and tell you thanks for the fuck and walk away. I know that it would shatter something inside me that really would be unfixable.”

Love.
A four letter word.
So beautiful in its spelling.
So simple in its arrangement.
So innocent in its meaning.
So fragile in its time.
So devastating in its aftermath.

I’ve fallen for him… into a million pieces. Separately, the pieces don’t make a lick of sense, but together, all my questions in the universe are answered. I feel this is where my life has been leading me. To him.

Got my ARC !!!!

I'm SOOOOOOO

Chris.BlogEmporium | May 6, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,454,315 books! | Top bar: Always visible