I've Got You Under My Skin: A Novel by…

I've Got You Under My Skin: A Novel

by Mary Higgins Clark

Recently added byErina39, mgilbert2, shieldsdb

I've Got You Under My Skin, although somewhat predictable, was quite entertaining. I enjoyed the characters, who were all very intriguing with their own secrets and doubts. The scene, background and characters were described in a way that I felt as though I was watching a movie in my head. Mary Higgins Clark has a gift for her descriptive writing and ability to render feelings through her words. ( )
  uagyrl | Nov 23, 2017 |
Good plot

Good book with couple different plots to keep up with. Character development was solid and good liked the short chapters. ( )
  veubanks | Aug 9, 2017 |
3.75 stars

This is a whodunit soap opera-ish mystery. It did a great job of making everyone appear guilty at times and not guilty at others. Also all of the potential suspects are from the same circle so there’s lots of drama between them. They have history with each other and most of it isn’t good. Many of them hate one another actually, and almost everyone hated the person who was killed. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
3.75 stars

ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |

Twenty years ago there was a murder at a gala celebrating the college graduation of four friends—Claire Bonner (at whose house the party was hosted), Nina Craig, Alison Schaefer, and Regina Callon. Claire’s mother, Betsy Powell is suffocated with a pillow assumedly by one of the guests at this party, which also includes Claire’s rich stepfather Robert Powell, their sour-faced housekeeper Jane, and rich family friend George.

Laurie Moran, a failing TV producer, husband Greg was murdered several years back in the presence of her young son. Laurie has the idea to do a reality-show program where unsolved crimes are re-enacted. The first case she picks for her program is of course the case of murdered socialite, Betsy Powell. The main participants are gathered once again At the beautiful home of Rob Powell to reenact that night and uncover some answers. As the graduation party is re-visited after all this time, two things are clear: someone at the party got away with murder, and each of the people there had a reason for murdering Betsy.

There are 2 parallel mysteries going on. Who killed Betsy Powell 20 years ago and why was Laurie's husband murdered by "Blue eyes" who said Laurie would be next just before he murdered her son. ( )
  jothebookgirl | Jan 3, 2017 |
For John - And our Clark and Conheeney children and grandchildren with love
Dr. Greg Moran was pushing three-year-old Timmy on the swing in the playground on East Fifteenth Street in Manhattan, not far from the apartment.
Per WorldCat, ISBN 1611291747 is for I've Got You Under My Skin. Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok is also using ISBN 1611291747.

Five years after her husband's murder, Laurie Moran, an award-winning TV producer and single mother, starts filming a new "cold case" series in which four women involved in the unsolved murder of a wealthy Westchester matron reunite to recreate the scene of the crime -- along with the real killer.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,505,263 books! | Top bar: Always visible