The Dryad's Kiss (The Mighty Finn #1) by R.…

The Dryad's Kiss (The Mighty Finn #1) (edition 2011)

by R. Scott VanKirk

Member:mightyscoo
Title:The Dryad's Kiss (The Mighty Finn #1)
Authors:R. Scott VanKirk
Info:R. Scott VanKirk (2011), ebook
Rating:*****
Tags:fantasy, humor, soul, bullies, love, carnal relationship

The Dryad's Kiss: The Chronicles of the Mighty Finn (Ancient Enemy) by VanKirk R. Scott

I read this a couple of months ago & forgot to review it! I liked it more than I do most YA novels. It was a lot of fun & an interesting world. It was so prosaic, yet not. Set in today's world, some magic comes to life. How people deal with it was very well done.

This is an author who really wrote what he knew & his teenage boy's attitudes & frank thoughts brought back a lot of memories. There's definitely going to be a sequel, but I didn't feel terribly hung up by it, either. Definitely a new author & a budding series worth watching. ( )
  jimmaclachlan | Aug 18, 2014 |
It changed my life! I laughed! I cried! ...I wrote it. Here is a bit about it.

Finn, as he is known to his friends, grew up with a twisty old oak tree right outside his bedroom window. He loved that tree and from practically the moment he could walk, he started climbing that tree. It became his refuge from the world and he would have sworn that he knew everything about it. He never would have guessed that he could also know it in the biblical sense - or at least the sexy tree spirit which resided there - until he brought home two ancient artifacts from a burial mound dig organized by his uncle.

It is suitable for ages 16 and up.

I recommend it to everybody I meet :) ( )
  mightyscoo | Oct 25, 2012 |
It changed my life! I laughed! I cried! ...I wrote it. Here is a bit about it.Finn, as he is known to his friends, grew up with a twisty old oak tree which grew right outside his bedroom window. He loved that tree and from practically the moment he could walk, he started climbing that tree. It became his refuge from the world and he would have sworn that he knew everything about it. He never would have guessed that he could also know it in the biblical sense - or at least the sexy tree spirit which resided there - until he brought home two ancient artifacts from a burial mound dig organized by his uncle.The first artifact he brings home was was an effigy bear whistle worn by one of the warriors who fought a long forgotten battle against a monstrously deformed demonic giant over one thousand years ago.The second artifact was buried in the body of that monster over one thousand years ago by the native people who finally killed it. It looks like a piece of black driftwood, but has a charisma that holds Finn captivated.The arrival home of those artifacts start a chain of consequences that reach much farther than bringing Finn to the attention of a beautiful, lusty, Dryad. It will have a profound impact on Finn, his friends and eventually reach much further.Struggling through a growing fatigue, the questions come at Finn fast and furious. Can he get through school? Can an 18 year old get too much sex? Is this true love or is he bespelled? Does she love him as a person or merely as fertilizer? Why does he want to hunch over his artifacts and cackle 'my precious..." The questions pile up until a decision has to be made - before his friends make the decision for him.The Dryad's kiss is the first book in a new urban fantasy series. It follows the adventures of Ian Finn Anderson, AKA, The Mighty Finn as he discovers that our sane, predictable world isn't quite what it seems. It is suitable for ages 16 and up.I recommend it to everybody I meet :) ( )
  mightyscoo | Jul 10, 2012 |

Finn's in love again.
She just wants him for his soul.
Eating him up, yum

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

VanKirk R. Scott's book The Dryad's Kiss was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

VanKirk R. Scott is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,153,064 books! | Top bar: Always visible