Shadowed by Evangeline Anderson

Since I started this series, once I finished one book I've already jumped into the next one, even before I've written the review on the previous book. Not this time. I think I'm getting disillusioned. Now that the AllFather and the Hoard have been either defeated or went away, what do the Kindred Warriors do all day? They're supposed to be fighting in battles, but all they do is sit around working on their spaceships. I think I'm missing the tension of having a villain in the storyline. It's getting boring and repetitious having almost the exact same dialogue from new Kindred / Human couple to the next. I've downloaded the 9th book, Chained, and I'm not sure I'll be starting it right away. Maybe I need some time away from the series.
Shadowed is about Reddix who's a Touch Kindred but his abilities are inverted. Nina is a Native American who is the only person that can cure him. Reddix kidnaps her and their adventure begins. I did enjoy Nina's character. She was strong and brave in the situations she found herself in. But, once again, when it comes to oral sex, they all have this virgin stupidity about them. Really? I wasn't much of a fan of Reddix. I felt he was too selfish, even knowing how painful his life was living with everyone's emotions bombarding his physical body.
I think what really got me questioning the whole concept of this series, is what the witch told Reddix. That without the bonding ability they shared with their Human wives, they would never be able to co-exist. So, basically, the Human women are being enslaved just for the purpose of reproduction. Sure, they share some form of love, but it's also enhanced by the mating scent that the Kindred Warriors emit. So, I’m in a real quandary about the whole Kindred Bonding sex thing.
The world-building and character development are just as good, but I’m still running across proofreading errors that make me flinch every time I see one.
As much as I hate to, I have to give this book a 3 feather review. It just didn’t cut it for me, and it was disappointing. Hopefully, when I get ready for book 9, it will be better. Not holding my breath on that one. ( )
  saharafoley | Jun 25, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,930,093 books! | Top bar: Always visible