Eyes of Ember (Imdalind #2) by Rebecca…

Eyes of Ember (Imdalind #2)

by Rebecca Ethington

Series: Imdalind (2)

Dear Joclyn,

Remember what your mother said?

"You will be able to tell the difference when you experience the real thing... when you experience something you can keep." and "Give your heart to someone who can take it and not break it..." ( )
  Ayanami_Faerudo | Aug 7, 2016 |
Eyes of Ember picks up a couple days after the end of Kiss of Fire.

Oh, how my heart hurt.

Poor Joclyn!

Poor Ryland!

It made me cry a little, youngest sister bawled while reading this one.

Well, we both cried during the end of Kiss of Fire.

Eyes of Amber was slightly worse.

Great book, just tears at your heart and emotions.

Joclyn is denied her beloved Ryland, the other half of herself, and it slowly eats away at her.

Among other things, sweet girl.

Who knew the loss of her true love, the one she’s meant for, would nearly cost her everything???

Including her life?!

Much as I do not care for Ilyan, he does try, to the best of his ability, to keep Joclyn going.

Not an easy feat, especially with her stubbornness.

Mostly because it seems, at times, as if he’s trying to replace Ryland in her heart.

That’s how I felt to me, because I understand being bonded to someone so completely.

I’m biased..Sue me!

From a small studio, where Ilyan attempts to teach Joclyn how to defend herself, to a teensy tiny attic room, all the way to the furthest reaches of the world..

Ryland tracks Joclyn, but it is not OUR Ryland..

As if we needed another reason to cry, beat a pillow..

Eyes of Ember is another great read from Rebecca Ethington, but I leave you with some advice!

Keep tissues handy.
NEVER underestimate the power of true love.
No matter the cost, never stop hoping.

And above all else..

Leave reviews!

Remember: authors are only able to bring us such wonderous worlds because of reviews!

Well, reviews and how well their books do.

xx Tara ( )
  BookJunkette | Jan 9, 2014 |
Make a list of facts you learned from the story. Llyan, loved Joclyn. He was her protector. He and Jocyln had magic powers. Llyan saved Joclyn's life. Edmund was Llyan's father and his brother was Ryland. Llyan could never be together in a real relationship. Edmund and Ryland wanted to kill Jocylan and Llyan. Jocyln would go inside the touha to see Ryland as a little boy. Jocyln's father might be alive. Llyan called Jocyln, Silny, which means most powerful. Silny was a drake, like her father. Touha was a dream state that Silny could go in to.

What motivates a given character’s actions? Llyan is motivated to protect Joclyn, because he has loved her for hundreds of years.

Who in this book would you most like to meet? Would love to meet Llyan. His character is so interesting.

Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from the author. ( )
  MelissaSimpson | Jan 4, 2014 |
second book of the series, very good ( )
  Grandy | Dec 29, 2013 |
Overall Score: 4 Stars

Wow. That was some book. I honestly wasn't expecting this turn of events because if you read the first book, it's a complete opposite of what Eyes of Ember brings! So much intensity and action, I didn't know what to expect next. & Ilyan???? -drool- Please please please let me have some Ilyan in my life! I've always been sucker for romantic tenstion and the whole breath-holding action and the author nailed it!

"I was where my heart held out hope that someday I would be again. It was the reason I never forgot him. My heart had held onto him. And as he clung to me, as he soothed me, held me, I felt everything begin to relax.”

SpicedLatte | Aug 1, 2013 |

Joclyn's troubles continue as the man she loves tries to kill her, she runs from her father who is the source of all her problems, and finds she must learn to protect herself with the help of her one-time stalker, Ilyan.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,925,837 books! | Top bar: Always visible