Claymore, Volume 24: Army of the Underworld…

Claymore, Volume 24: Army of the Underworld

by Norihiro Yagi

English (2)  Dutch (1)  All (3)
This is the 24th volume in the Claymore series. It continues where volume 23 left off and has a very linear storyline again. This series is supposed to wrap up with volume 27 later in 2015.

The rebel Claymores, several former top warriors, and Raki form a defensive plan to defeat Priscilla. Meanwhile a huge Yoma based creature is coalescing outside of the Holy City of Rabona. This is a creature that may surpass Priscilla in power. An epic battle between Priscilla and the new Yoma based creature ensues.

There is a ton of battling in this book, really at least half of it is just one action shot after another. The source of the rebels half-awakening ability is also finally revealed, so that was very interesting.

The illustration remains top notch and the story action packed. You can tell things are reaching a climax here as our characters launch into one epic battle after another.

Overall this was a great installment in this series. It was action packed and reveals some more secrets around why the rebel Claymore can half-awaken. I am excited to see what the last few volumes of this series hold and how everything is wrapped up.
  krau0098 | Mar 15, 2015 |
There’s not much that I’m inclined to say for this series. It’s still interesting enough to keep my reading each month when new chapters emerge, but that’s about it. The story is taken up by battle and war right now, and it’s mostly just tedious fighting. But it does seem that the story is coming to a close sometime soon. The artwork is not bad, but it’s not awesome either. I’m sure I’ll keep my eye on the series but I’m not waiting with bated breath. ( )
  Kassilem | Jul 21, 2013 |

Priscilla, whose monstrous savagery was reawakened in the previous battle, is bent on absorbing the power of those who fell in her wake and destroying the rebel Claymores. Raki and several former top warriors band together with a defensive plan, but even their skills may be no match against Priscilla's poisoned wrath. Meanwhile, the terrifying Yoma-based creature coalescing outside of the holy city of Rabona may seek to defeat Priscilla...but it may also be seeking the defeat of the rebel warriors!… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,982,936 books! | Top bar: Always visible