Sorcery and Scholarships (The Dying War) by…

Sorcery and Scholarships (The Dying War)

by Ian Isaro

421,664,912 (3.67)None

I got this book, from Making Connections for free, in exchange for an honest review. Get your copy here.

So, I started this book, just to see what it was like and then I couldn't stop reading!
The events are confusing and the mystery will make your head spin but you won't wanna stop.
It is difficult to understand about the different kinds of magic in that world but I think that adds to the charm.
Blake made me laugh the whole time and I would have loved to know more about his teacher too.
One thing that I felt was missing from the story was the professors' POV. It'd have been a good addition to the story.
Everybody seemed to have their own secret agenda and the snooty attitude of the professors towards the student was really funny.
The humor was really done well and I kept marking parts to share with friends.
I wouldn't wanna miss the next installment!
3.5 stars to this one!! ( )
  MiduHadi | Jul 5, 2015 |
This is a fun book to read. Aki is a struggling young woman hoping to make it in the magic world when Laxir comes into her life. He tells her she will get a scholarship to axis University but to be careful. Blake is this dark young man who gets a full scholarship to Axis but struggles to find himself for what he thought his destiny should be is at question as he begins to see things through others eyes particularly Aki. Again Aki who everyone sees as just ordinary has a effect on all around her. Even the stuck up Keisha. Keisha who wanted to go to NYU law but doesn’t get in is approached by Roger and is warned about Axis. She takes this into consideration and goes to Axis with the intent of uncovering the secrets there.

As the three have their lives interwoven by the struggle between LIght and Dark we see a bond form. One of friendship and trust. They start to care for each other and with this comes a questioning of who they are and what they are destined for. Keisha doesn’t see just black and white anymore especially after meeting Dylan. Blake doesn’t see himself as evil and horrid anymore but begins to get a conscience. Aki is neutral but is the fabric that helps everyone see themselves for what they can be and the world for all its possibilities.

As the battle begins the world will change for them hopefully they will still draw on each others strengths and friendship to survive. A fun read that will have you captured to the end. ( )
  littleduck | Oct 9, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,186,777 books! | Top bar: Always visible