The Ranch Foreman by Rob Colton

The Ranch Foreman

by Rob Colton

Recently added bySerenaYates, mpace89, SheReadsALot, DreZ

Welcome to the 1st ever Cowboy Off- BR betwixt Team A (Cupcake & Noah) & Team B (Al, JenM and Me)!

Team A = [b:Bareback|628283|Bareback (Bareback, #1)|Chris Owen|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1176479287s/628283.jpg|614623]
Team B = [b:The Ranch Foreman|18212692|The Ranch Foreman|Rob Colton|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1374092714s/18212692.jpg|25635635]

I won't quelt my epic love for Bareback. But let's just say Baby loves it, yeah? I rated it a jarful of stars.

And you know what else I enjoy? That's right, you guessed it...Rob Colton. (I bet you thought I'd say cowboys...they're alright and all but I'm a city girl with a penchant for swords. I love those edges.)

Rob Colton. I formed this odd secret obsession for his stories earlier this year. I've seen him around but then on my nifty phase (I go back and forth with binge reading online fiction) I discovered robcub32, who I later discovered to be Rob Colton!

Here I am, devouring bear shaped sugar butter cookies and this author is published! This year has really been the year of the male authors for me.

Rob Colton.

He's good for simple storytelling with hot sex between average males. Oh and you definitely expect to find a MC that is a:

BEARS! ROAR!

Rob Colton feeds my bear love! And I forgot that when you put a Rob Colton in front of me, Baby devours that shit and only looks up for air when necessary. It's borderline unhealthy but there's something in his formula that works for me.

In this book, we get a cute twink cub MC that has to do the chasing and a growly closeted MC that needs to learn how to speak to people.

Cowboy bears! Howdy!

Let's go wrassle up some cub meat! Roar! Bear lassoing! (Okay, I'll quit my cowboy speaks before I get carried away. More carried away)

The twink is 27 year old new ranch hand, Matty who is out and proud. He sets his sights on his boss, ranch foreman, Baxter Hollingsworth who is older, deep in the closet and not talkative. And I was surprised the twink cub had to do the chasing instead of the surly, cigar smoking bear.

Don't worry there's no D/s. But this picture is too cool not to add.

Warning: there is off scene rape.

It kind of got downplayed. I expected some angst from the MC but other than a quick 'I don't like to be touched' part, he got over it fairly quickly.

And the sex...that first scene? Someone must pretty flexible and have knees with pillows attached is all I'm saying.

The bear and cub mate, even when one MC had a near death experience, they were able to put the pain aside to get it on. The miraculous dick powers strikes again! Cowboy bear style!

It's a HEA. It's not complicated. It's standard Rob Colton fare that I can't quit.

Rating: This is a solid three, but not quite a four...so it shall be 3.5 stars for me rated down.

Gonna sing Madonna's Don't Tell Me" on my bronco and ride off into the starry night, y'all!

#team B #Baby out!" ( )
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |
3.5 stars. I was disappointed that Matty kept going after Baxter when Baxter was nothing but rude to him every time. Even if he knew Baxter was interested, he was still with the girl every Saturday night, and he was still using Matty for sex. I was happy when Matty grew a pair and started telling Baxter no, but then he gave in again so quickly and easily, and why did they never address the girl? I know Baxter explained, but when they had their serious conversation, and they were going to take things slowly, so why didn't Matty ask about Baxter if he was going ot continue his charade with the girl? I'd think that's something he'd want to know even if they were taking it slowly. ( )
  DreZ | Jan 15, 2015 |
When Madison “Matty” Ward finds himself out of work and without a place to live, his cousin comes through with a job on the Gates cattle ranch. Despite not knowing anything about herding cattle or taking care of horses, Matty does his best to impress the older hunky foreman, Baxter Hollingsworth. Baxter is drawn to the new young hand, but he’s deeply closeted, and after an openly gay veterinarian shows he’s interested in Matty, Baxter’s repressed feelings lead to an explosive encounter. Baxter then withdraws—leaving Matty feeling angry and used—until an accident forces him to confront his fears.
A quick but enjoyable read.
The character's are well fleshed out and the story moves and the sex is HOT !. ( )
  silversurfer | Aug 21, 2013 |

When Madison "Matty" Ward finds himself out of work and without a place to live, his cousin comes through with a job on the Gates cattle ranch. Despite not knowing anything about herding cattle or taking care of horses, Matty does his best to impress the older hunky foreman, Baxter Hollingsworth. Baxter is drawn to the new young hand, but he's deeply closeted, and after an openly gay veterinarian shows he's interested in Matty, Baxter's repressed feelings lead to an explosive encounter. Baxter then withdraws-leaving Matty feeling angry and used-until an accident forces him to confront his fears.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,413,295 books! | Top bar: Always visible