Mandatory Release by Jess Riley

Mandatory Release

by Jess Riley

113820,536 (5)None

Graham and Drew were high school friends who met up again after years of disillusionment where love is concerned. This time around they meet up at work – a prison no less, where they are both employed, Graham is still trying to deal with his disability and Drew is reeling from a broken heart. The attraction they feel for each other is confusing and so they just keep plodding onward through the hurt until they find they way – to who knows where and to whom???
I thought this book was awesome! The sense of humor was rather warped, but I could not help but laugh in spite of the circumstances. I really liked the characters, they were just people trying to find some type of “normal” in their twisted world. Drew and Graham were by far my favs, so sad for them, having to deal with situations that were not entirely of their making. I would absolutely recommend, this book is about rolling with the punches in life and dealing with life the best way we can.
  karmakath | Sep 8, 2014 |
  karmaforlifechick | Aug 17, 2014 |
Jess Riley....hmmm, how can I start this....She is amazing, talented and authentic, yes that is a great start! She has the ability to write great dialogue from many voices. In Mandatory Release she writes from a male voice and Riley is able to capture the spirit of this character in all his flaws, issues, deceit and rawness/realness. She also writes from a female voice that is insecure, struggling and unsure, but determined to make the best of it. So besides the great dialogue that is harsh, honest and completely believable, she writes characters worth reading! Put these two elements together and you have a 5 star book! Mandatory Release is about so many things; friendship, past mistakes, love, moving on and finding oneself after being lost....It is totally compelling and completely engaging! I highly recommend this read! Plus Riley is a Wisconsin author, so what else can I say....all great things like cheese, the Green Bay Packers and Riley come from WI!!!! ( )
  Mrsmommybooknerd | Jul 23, 2013 |

Jess Riley is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,740,080 books! | Top bar: Always visible