Georgetown Academy, Season One by Jessica…

Georgetown Academy, Season One

by Jessica Koosed Etting

I would like to point out that politically infused fiction I would generally stay away from but this series had me quite intrigued. Seeing the world through the eyes of the offspring of political leaders was very entertaining. Celebrity type drama with an array of delectable characters. The pressures of living in the public eye and the fine line between choosing what's right and what's popular is ever present. These characters go through many trials and learn from their mistakes. They carry a burden due to their high profile parents but along the way learn to balance their lives with confidence and dignity. A few details were predictable and repetitious but did not hinder the enjoyable aspects of this story. For those who enjoy young adult sagas this is a great choice! I look forward to season two!

I received a copy in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  LiteraryChanteuse | Jan 27, 2016 |
When I read the blurb for the Georgetown Academy Series, I was immediately intrigued. I have never been one to want to read novels centered are politics, but this sounded right up my alley and like something I would really enjoy, and enjoy it I did. The books feel like you are reading and television series, and if you are a fan of Gossip Girl and those type of shows, then the Georgetown Academy Series is a book along those lines. It centers around the lives of four different girls, Ellie, Brinley, Evan, and Taryn. All of the girls, with the exception of Evan, have families with a parent/parents that are involved in politics. They attend the Georgetown Academy, which is an elite private school in Washington DC for those whose parents are involved in the political arena in some way. The entire school revolves around politics, and the Washington DC politicians themselves have nothing on the things that their sons and daughters do and take part it. In fact, much of goes on with the students is far more scandalous that what their political parents are involved in.

Ellie is considered the sweetheart of the group, and dates the most popular boy in school, Hunter McKnight. They are considered the "golden couple" of the school, or the JFK and Jackie O, that is until Gabe Mills shows up at school, and two years seem like yesterday when Ellie sees him again. Brinley and her brother Brooks are part of the one of the most esteemed families in DC, the Madisons, and appearance, loyalty to family, and knowing how to play the political game are Brinley's specialties. Ellie and Brinley are best friends. Evan attends Georgetown Academy on a scholarship and is an aspiring up and coming reporter and the former best friend of Ellie and current best friend of Gabe and Luke, which is whole other story. Taryyn's father is the up and coming Hispanic politician that is said could be the first Hispanic President of the United States in the future. She isn't used to playing the political game, having moved from LA where the lives of the stars in Hollywood were much more newsworthy than that of a politician. She rocks her own style and does her own thing, and finds herself targeted by the reigning "Queen of the Academy," but Taryn has never been one to back down from a fight. Then there are the guys, the hot, swoon-worthy, awesome guys at Georgetown Academy that make you just was to sigh.
Want an idea of how intricately all the lives of the characters in this series are intertwined. Take a look at the flow chart that Nara at Looking for the Panacea created.

All of these students lives revolve around the lives of their politically involved parents in some way, shape, or form. Their every move reflects upon their parents, so their choices in who they date, what they do, and how they handle things are always in the limelight. From sex scandals, drug addiction and drug use, career destroying relationships, gay issues, everything and anything you can imagine takes place at Georgetown Academy. Your fashion sense, who you date and who you don't, who you are seen with and who you aren't, everything you do is scrutinized. Does that mean the students always do what they should? No, not by any means, the key being that when and if you do it, you just better not get caught, because if you do, the repercussions of the domino effect that are set in motion can destroy you and your family. Georgetown is a great series and I really enjoyed it. It has romance, drama, conspiracy, all politically themed and very entertaining. If you are looking for a fun series to follow, then Georgetown Academy is just that. Check it out. ( )
  alwaysyaatheart | Aug 21, 2013 |

alwaysyaatheart | Jul 22, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,407,765 books! | Top bar: Always visible