1 2 3, Little Donkey by Rindert Kromhout

1 2 3, Little Donkey

by Rindert Kromhout

521,436,638 (3.75)None

~ borrowed from the Library

No official reading information on this book so let's treat 1 2 3 LITTLE DONKEY as just a Counting Book.

A Counting book that I really like. To be honest I was a little surprised by the artwork. I mean the first image we get is of a momma donkey in large green and white striped full-length dress. The dress has a hood and covers her donkey ears so that only her face shows. The text that accompanies this page is:

shopping bag
Look what Mama's bought!

The next venue though told me that we have something special here.

nosy friends
What's inside?

There's a young donkey and a calf digging into Mama's bag.

The pages in this book are a nice slick and thick paper with a glossy finish. The paper is nice enough that I was able to clean off some smudgy fingerprints from this library book.

The material is present with number and text on one page and the accompanying art on the next. The numbers are large enough that you can take a small finger and help them to trace it. The items that are to be counted on the opposing page range in size from large to small. And I found all of them interesting.

SUMMARY
Fun and colorful book for toddlers and preschoolers. I liked the artwork and the fact that there's a story around which the counting is done. The youngsters want what Mama has put up and they have a little spill when they try to have their way. The book ends delightfully with 10 soft kisses. ( )
  PamFamilyLibrary | Dec 30, 2016 |
Counting 1 through 10 with a cautionary tale. ( )
  Sullywriter | May 22, 2015 |

When Little Donkey's mother brings home one shopping bag, two curious youngsters--Little Donkey and his friend Bobby the bull--find three bags of treats and want to snack, in a story told through the numbers from one to ten.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,087,775 books! | Top bar: Always visible