Return to Tradd Street by Karen White

Return to Tradd Street

by Karen White

Gave up. After 100 pages,I was just fed up with the protagonist's endless whining. I have enjoyed other books y this author but not this one.really looked forward to the supernatural aspect of this book. ( )
  LauGal | Aug 16, 2016 |
Mellie is pregnant and living in the house she inherited from one of her real estate clients. While suffering through morning sickness, she hears a baby crying and when she comes down to breakfast her handyman tells her that he's uncovered a baby's skeleton in the foundation around the house. More spooky incidents occur while Mellie tries ignoring her pregnancy and tries ignoring Jack, the man responsible for her pregnancy. Long loss relatives turn up to put a claim on the house while Jack integrates himself into Mellies home and life. ( )
  Kathy89 | Jun 13, 2015 |
Compared to the first two books in the series this book sucked out loud. Melanie is pregnant and it makes her nuts.

I was disgusted when she let Jack and Nola force her into putting a giant stupid piano into what was supposed to be her new study. Helllllloooo doormat.

Everybody knew the inevitable marriage of Jack and Melanie was gonna happen. You don't have to read very much of the book to get constantly hit over the head by the foreshadowing.

Her father squandered the trust she had been using to repair the house and she is very la-te-da about it rather than being pissed with him for being an idiot.

Also when the 'heirs' show up...ugh...

Melanie is having twins I thought that it would turn out that she or Jack was somehow actually related to the Vanderhorst family. That would've been SOOOO much better.

She is so gung-ho about going to fight the heirs for the house and I was actually hoping she would beat them but an encounter with a stupid ghost makes her totally cave. She decides to just hand over the house without a fight. Seriously?!

I hate the way she ends up buddy-buddy with the heirs in the end and I hate the fact that she married Jack and has adopted the stupid and annoying Nola.

It seems that a theme in so many of these kinds of books is to take a strong independent woman and turn her into dependent pathetic shadow of herself. So sad...

hazysaffron | Feb 17, 2015 |
Return to Tradd Street was definitely my favorite in the series as have read them all, among many of Karen White’s books. I purchased from audible.com and the narrator was excellent, capturing the slow southern charm of Charleston, SC. (have worked in Charleston previously and one of my favorite towns in the south).

As usual, loved the witty and humorous characters and lines; this book could be read as a standalone; however, you will want to read them all! I love Melanie (40 yr old) – psychic Realtor, living in this old historical home in Charleston with ghosts given to her by a man (she had only visited the home once before he died and was left the home).

She and writer (and playboy) Jack go back and forth with their love relationship which always keep you laughing.

Had to finish it quickly as so enjoy White’s writing style and her love of the south! Hopefully we will hear more from this fun couple!
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |
A most excellent 5 star read!
As usual, Karen is at the top of her game. This series just tickles my fancy. I love the southern setting. I used to live in the south and when I read about it, I miss it. I love The Tradd street series with its mystery, humor, ghosts and just a pinch of sexual tension that is so refreshing!!
All of Karen's book are wonderful reads, I will continue to be excited every time I see she has a new one coming out. ( )
  annie.michelle | Feb 21, 2014 |

Facing her future as a single mother, psychic Realtor Melanie Middleton is determined to be strong and leave her past with writer Jack Trenholm behind her. But history has a tendency of catching up with Melanie, whether she likes it or not.…

Melanie is only going through the motions of living since refusing Jack’s marriage proposal. She misses him desperately, but her broken heart is the least of her problems. Despite an insistence that she can raise their child alone, Melanie is completely unprepared for motherhood, and she struggles to complete renovations on her house on Tradd Street before the baby arrives.

As the hauntings on Tradd Street slowly become more violent, Melanie decides to find out what caused the baby’s untimely death, uncovering the love, loss, and betrayal that color the house’s history—and threaten her claim of ownership. But can she seek Jack’s help without risking her heart? For in revealing the secrets of the past, Melanie also awakens the malevolent presence that has tried to keep the truth hidden for decades.…

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:21 -0400)

"Melanie is only going through the motions of living since refusing Jack's marriage proposal. She misses him desperately, but her broken heart is the least of her problems. Despite an insistence that she can raise their child alone, Melanie is completely unprepared for motherhood, and she struggles to complete renovations on her house on Tradd Street before the baby arrives. When Melanie is roused one night by the sound of a ghostly infant crying, she chooses to ignore it. She simply does not have the energy to deal with one more crisis. That is, until the remains of a newborn buried in an old christening gown are found hidden in the foundation of her house. As the hauntings on Tradd Street slowly become more violent, Melanie decides to find out what caused the baby's untimely death, uncovering the love, loss, and betrayal that color the house's history--and threaten her claim of ownership. But can she seek Jack's help without risking her heart? For in revealing the secrets of the past, Melanie also awakens the malevolent presence that has tried to keep the truth hidden for decades..."--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,161,835 books! | Top bar: Always visible