What's Stopping You Being More Confident? by…

What's Stopping You Being More Confident?

by Robert Kelsey

611,268,033 (4)None
Recently added byvsalmens, SmithSJ01

This a very thorough self help book about our confidence. I hadn't expected it to contain as much research as it did and I was also impressed with the personal experiences recounted throughout. It isn't academic to read and where there are parts that may not apply or have research that you're unsure about it is easy enough to move on due to clear and regular sub-headings. Each chapter has a small summary box at the end for recapping what's been read.

The book is sectioned into five parts: explaining poor confidence, the alchemy of confidence, achievement, situations and barriers. For me, I didn't find part four as engaging or informative as some of the others. I did enjoy one of the ending sections which was the route to confidence in seven stages. Whatever level of confidence you approach this book with, you'll still find something useful. It was interesting to see why some people appear more confident than others.

An informative read. ( )
  SmithSJ01 | Jul 23, 2013 |

A prescriptive, commonsense approach to self-confidence and success

With his bestselling book, What's Stopping You, Robert Kelsey helped thousands of people conquer their fear of failure and unlock their full potential in life.  Now Robert is applying his unique approach to the subject of confidence. According to Robert, it’s not something that can simply be injected into us through motivational exercises and positive thinking. What's Stopping You…Being More Confident? highlights the key reasons why you might be lacking confidence in the first place, what causes self-doubt or makes you feel less able than others. Then we are shown how to turn this around, by examining the traits that make someone confident.

Follow-up to the ground-breaking bestseller, What's Stopping You?, with the same intelligent approach to self-helpA road map to help us break down the barriers that make us shy away from achieving our full potentialHow to recognize what you’re good at, but also what you're not good atIncludes tactics for maintaining self-assurance and learning how to apply these in real-life practical situationsBased on extensive research and personal experience

"Everyone has moments of doubt - this practical and persoanl book can help remove those demons and boost morale.  I recommend it strongly"
Luke Johnson, RSA Chairman, Financial Times columnist and author of Start It Up!

"This combination of searing honesty and genuine curiosity about how our lives are shaped makes for compelling reading"
Fi Glover, multi-award winning braodcast journalist and BBC radio presenter

"An invaluable resource for anyone lacking confidence"
John Caunt, author of Boost Your Self-Esteem

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:07 -0400)

A prescriptive, commonsense approach to self-confidence and success With his bestselling book, What's Stopping You , Robert Kelsey helped thousands of people conquer their fear of failure and unlock their full potential in life. Now Robert is applying his unique approach to the subject of confidence. According to Robert, it's not something that can simply be injected into us through motivational exercises and positive thinking. What's Stopping You...Being More Confident? highlights the key reasons why you might be lacking confidence in the first place, what causes self-doubt or makes you feel less able than others. Then we are shown how to turn this around, by examining the traits that make someone confident. * Follow-up to the ground-breaking bestseller, What's Stopping You? , with the same intelligent approach to self-help * A road map to help us break down the barriers that make us shy away from achieving our full potential * How to recognize what you're good at, but also what you're not good at * Includes tactics for maintaining self-assurance and learning how to apply these in real-life practical situations * Based on extensive research and personal experience.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,166,903 books! | Top bar: Always visible