Under the Rainbow: A Mother's Experiences of…

Under the Rainbow: A Mother's Experiences of the Promises of God

by Catherine Campbell

Received through LibraryThing Early Review in 2013.
An amazing writer.
This story made me laugh and cry out loud.
I'll be looking for more from her. ( )
  kaylynvh | Aug 5, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book through a Librarything.com Early Reviewers giveaway. It is a tender story about a couple who have two children with the same disease. It is written by the mother, and tells of their experiences and how they trust in God.
  milliebeverly | Sep 7, 2014 |
Thanks to GoodReads and Monarch Books/Kregel Publications for sending me such a wonderful book that I am delighted to review. FIVE GOLDEN STARS!!! Most importantly, I would like to thank Catherine Campbell for opening up her heart and reliving the pain that she and her husband and family had to endure not once, BUT TWICE, when two of her three children were born with microcephaly, a neurodevelopmental disorder, that has a narrow life expectancy. Catherine was able to withstand so much hurt, pain, and tears because of her strong faith and relationship with God.

Campbell takes the reader back to the years that were spent caring for the two fragile but delightful girls, who were very much loved by the Campbell's middle child, Paul, who was born healthy and strong. Catherine shares many heartbreaking moments but describes many beautiful smiles and laughs that the girls provided. I spent many a night crying softly as I read page after page of a life that could only have been sustained by God's mercy. Catherine Campbell has to be one of the strongest women I have ever read about. Again, it can only be attributed to her faith and belief that God had a plan and would never abandon her and her family in their darkest hour.

I want to thank Catherine Campbell for writing a book that can only be described as a mother's worst nightmare but helping us to understand that God WILL see you through IF you call upon Him. I experienced this nightmare. I lost my 8-year old daughter, my youngest, in 2002, while awaiting a heart transplant. There were times while reading this wonderful memoir that I broke down into tears, feeling Catherine's pain and knowing all too well how difficult it is to say goodbye to a child that you have loved and raised and spent every day taking care of. Catherine Campbell described emotions that I felt. Still feel. Like Catherine, I know my daughter is in a heavenly place, welcomed by the loving arms of a loving God.

If you have ever lost a child, I recommend you take the time to read this beautiful tribute to two sisters who are forever healthy, happy, and awaiting the day when they are once again reunited with their loving family. Even if you have never lost ANYONE close to you, I would say to you,
"Buy this book. Read it. You will understand what true faith is and how one family was able to live again with the grace of God." ( )
  MaryEvelynLS | Jun 1, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book is the story of a couples struggle with their faith in God when they had two children with disabilities. The story shows how they kept their faith in God and shows how He is faithful in keeping His promises!
  starbritejan | Dec 15, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This s a well-written, true story of a couples struggles with a devastating, continual challenge of their faith in God.
6289106Like so many of us, Catherine and Phillip Campbell felt they were truly trying to live Gods will, when suddenly they
had huge trials occur, causing Catherine to question herself and all she had fervently believed in.
This is a story of the faith and courage Catherine had to find within herself to face a world which claimed what little
time she had outside of each work day.
How can a loving Father do this to her and her husband? How could He do it to other, blameless individuals?
Could their marriage survive this? Who was to blame? Was it her?
These are only a few questions which developed in Catherine's mind. She shares her inner turmoil and reliance on others
in learning to cope with devastation, pride, fatigue, anger, love, gratitude, bitterness, anguish, inability to pray, trusting others, etc.
This is a very touching a profound tale of Catherine's whole family and the importance of a strong support system and in accepting God's ways.
I agree with a statement made by Catherine that without a faith and trust in God, how does one face death of a loved one?
I personally know if we allow God to bring peace to our souls, He will.
After reading this book for a period of time, the title becomes clear. I liked the 2013 edition cover most because it portrays the books title more completely. The new cover is too vague. I do this review on the newer book edition.

*Spoiler: I had to look up the terms hydrocephalus and microcephaly. It was a good experience learning more about theses conditions.

This reminds me of an amazing, courageous, loving, faithful friend of mine who had three out of five children who was disabled. To me, she is a remarkable heroine. I greatly admire parents who cope so well with challenges such as these. They are truly awesome!
I review this book with a Five Stars rating.
* I won this through The Library Thing monthly giveaway and asked that I give an honest review, of which I have given. ( )
  LAWonder10 | Dec 14, 2013 |

This is the story of a mother's journey with God through heartache and loss. It reveals with remarkable honesty the disappointment, devastation and anger she feels when not just one, but two, of her three children are born with multiple disabilities.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:50 -0400)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Catherine Campbell's book Under the Rainbow was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,367,862 books! | Top bar: Always visible