Ten Wiggly Worms: A Number And Color…

Ten Wiggly Worms: A Number And Color Recognition Book

by Otto Scamfer

Ten Wiggly Worms: A Number And Color Recognition Book by Otto Scamfer
Colorful very dark with black words on dark background.
Like the fact that the numbers are listed under the snakes so kids can get used to seeing them.
Love color of the worms. Not so sure introducing a robin looking for worms is the right way to go, kind of frightening for a child. ( )
  jbarr5 | Jun 2, 2017 |
Ten Wiggly Worms accomplished both numbers and color recognition. The varied facial expressions of the worms were also enjoyable. But I thought the colors of the illustrations were lack luster (even in the Kindle version). I did not like the use of the word "onto the world". I thought a better word use might be "up from the earth or ground". ( )
  Jape200 | Feb 10, 2016 |
Ten Wiggly Worms is a cheerful and very helpful picture book to teach young children basic colours and the numbers from 1 to 10.

First there's just one worm wriggling out of the ground and on each page one more cute worm is added. Every single one has a different colour and looks also a bit different, which my preschoolers found a lot of fun. (Their favourite is the one with only one tooth.)
Finally, when all ten are gathered together a robin redbreast flies across the sky above their heads. Now there's panic and quickly the worms try to hide and they vanish all back into the soil.
Luckily all ten escape this time. Now the Wiggly Worms have reason to celebrate. They decide to have a tea party, where every worm holds a mug and there are two tea pots on the table and two plates of cookies and this way there's a new opportunity for the kids to count.

The whole book is thoughtfully and cleverly put together and I also like the way the artwork is done, with the worms or the bird and trees being paper or cardboard cut outs placed on a colourful background. My group certainly felt inspired to create their own Wiggly Worms. ( )
  MasterReadersBooks | Jan 27, 2016 |
A nice colourful book to practice numbers and colours. I read this book with a group of 5 and six year olds and they loved it. The text is repetitive so it gave them great confidence in reading it. They particularly enjoyed counting the worms and they liked the pictures. They also enjoyed the hungry robin and delighted in the worms' celebratory tea-party! Because of the repetition in the story it would also be useful for teaching or revising the 'w' letter and sound.
My only criticism would be that the worms don't look like worms at all but are very like something else! ( )
  Inishowen_Cailin | Nov 30, 2014 |
Ten Wiggly Worms by Otto Scamfer
Very colorful children's book about worms and not only worms, but numbers and colors.
Starts out with one red worm, then a green worm, making two. Very educational with numbers and colors.
A big robin comes by and he's hungry. Easy for a child to read and follow with numbers.
I received this book from Library Thing via the author in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  jbarr5 | Nov 26, 2014 |

Count along as ten wiggly worms wriggle up onto the world. What will they discover? Can you count them all? What colors are they? Join them and have fun learning in their wiggly adventure! From the same author of 'Logan And The Magic Fish' and 'Salem The Safety Seal'.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:49 -0400)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Otto Scamfer's book Ten Wiggly Worms was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,453,553 books! | Top bar: Always visible