The Georgia Corbins by Kara Leigh Miller

The Georgia Corbins

by Kara Leigh Miller

322,001,085 (4)None
Recently added bydestinyisntfree, Rachel.Kall

Thanks to the author for a review copy.

Now, my regular readers will know that I do not generally read a lot of romance. So, reading this particular story puts me outside of my comfort zone, for sure. But sometimes stepping outside of one's comfort zone is a good thing because we are pleasantly surprised at what we will find.

I will be completely honest. The whole love triangle between a girl and two guys, when the guys happen to be twin brothers, feels like a stretch for me. But, you know what? It really worked here.

I struggled a little with the dialects and language used. But this is my inner editor who sometimes, quite frankly, needs to shut up. Because when I take into consideration where the story takes place, the dialects and language used is perfectly fitting for the scene. Generally, I want to cringe when I see the non-word "ain't" in a written work. But the reality is that that is a very common and popular term in the south and I need to just get the heck over it already.

The story is well written and you could tell that the author had some intimate knowledge of the inner workings of small towns. The romance was sweet and heartbreaking at the same time.

I am not going to lie. I was a bit angry about how it turned out and I will readily admit that I was rooting for the other guy. I can't say any more about that without giving away the entire story, but let's just say I expected it to go the other way. And if you are anything like me, by the way, you are going to have to read the prom scene more than once. It was that good.

Some of the language in this book was a little "adult" for a YA novel, and I cannot decide whether or not that bothers me. I would strongly suggest that this is more for the "mature" YA crowd. I mean, I know teenagers have sex and all, but I still would be nervous about giving this to a 13 year old. But that is just this reviewer's opinion. ( )
  destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |
Thanks to the author for a review copy.

destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,385,620 books! | Top bar: Always visible