The Adventures of Mr. Buckley by Michelle…

The Adventures of Mr. Buckley

by Michelle Novak

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added byCarolee888

The Advantages of Mr. Buckley by Michele Novak is simple but satisfying story of an orange cat or what I always called a marmalade cat that lived in the loft of a barn. He is already ten years old but will off for a journey later in the book. Why did I pick this book to read? I do read children’s books once in a while but there were two other reasons, I loved cover of the cat watching a shooting star and the fact that I once had a pet named Buckley, never mind that he was a rooster.

I enjoyed this book partly because of the plain and simple style. A writer has to be careful when writing this way that the story does not become boring but it did not. I liked the adventures that Buckley went on and his discovery of what family meant. And also the idea that the pet taught a human something very important was also something not usually in stories for children.

I felt a little jolted when the vocabulary turned where I didn’t want it to turn. The author used the words cacophony and artifacts but that was only temporary. Before long the story settled down to using words that child would ordinarily use.

Part of the reason that I enjoyed this story is that is definitely a feel good type of story. No nightmares for kids here. The Mr. Buckley character was well developed too. He was an independent type but will to change and grow.

I would recommend this book for children and for adults to read to children. There would be many topics for parents to discuss with their children.

I received this book as a win from FirstReads but that had no influence on my review. ( )
  Carolee888 | Jul 24, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0985520566, Paperback)

Mr. Buckley wasn’t looking for adventure, but adventure is what he found. Like all great adventures, his is full of danger and excitement with a sprinkle of wonder tossed in for good measure. Join the plucky orange barn cat as he battles nature and his own fear to find his family and a place to call home.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:50 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,012,947 books! | Top bar: Always visible