A Crazy Homecoming (Crazy, Texas) (Volume 1)…

A Crazy Homecoming (Crazy, Texas) (Volume 1)

by Cate Baylor

731,138,814 (4)None

I thought this book was cute and sweet.

It is pretty much a short, cute romance story that involves Nana, Daphne, Mick and the town of Crazy. Loyalty, family, friendship and cooperation, and maybe a dash of stubbornness, are a reoccurring theme throughout the story.

Right away, we meet a distraught and disillusioned Daphne, travelling through the night from L.A. to Crazy, Texas. For a city slicker turned country girl, Daphne really does work hard to improve herself (after spending some time drowning her sorrows) and become one of the family. Daphne learns that it is never too late to find love, family will always be there in times of need and some people never outgrow their horrible attitude (Sissy!).

As the story develops, you see the growth of the characters and the chemistry between all of them (Mick and Daphne's blooming romance to Ranye and Daphne's unchanging friendship twenty years later).

There was no real villain or climax per say, Sissy and the ex-boyfriend don't really count. But that is totally fine since the story is fine just the way it is. Although I wish we got to see Danny and Scotty get together...publicly...instead of hiding their relationship, but it's understandable that rural Texas aren't as open minded ( )
  Dream24 | Jan 6, 2016 |
First off, I have to say that A Crazy Homecoming by Cate Baylor was an absolute joy to read. This book just reached out and gave me a big ole Texas hug the minute I opened the cover!

The story revolves around our main character, Daphne, a city girl living in Los Angeles who travels to Texas to stay with her Grandmother after getting fired from her job. It is a story of finding your way home, and discovering what you were truly meant to do.

Of course there is a little conflict as well as a nice dose of romance - after all, I am a firm believer that we can never have too much of that! There is also many characters that you will fall in love with, a great storyline, and all the charm and sass to keep it all interesting. And I wouldn't be doing this story justice unless I also mention how much I enjoyed the dialogue between the characters - this is what made everything come together for me.

Cate Baylor has created a bunch of characters that you want to get to know, and a story that you don't want to end, and I must admit that I felt a moment of sadness when I reached the last page, as it seemed like I was saying goodbye to a group of close friends. The good news is, that this is the first book in the Crazy Texas series, so I am looking forward to catching up with all those quirky folks that I have grown to adore in the next ones!

I think this book would apeal to a wide variety of readers as it has a little bit of everything to offer. You will smile and laugh as well as maybe even get a little choked up with this one. This is such a sweet story that I would definitely recommend to anyone.

I received this book through the Librarything Member Giveaway program, and I would like to thank Cate Baylor for sending it to me in return for this review. She is a wonderful author, who has a way of making the reader feel right at home. I think you should grab this book and find a nice comfy chair and spend the rest of your afternoon (or evening) immersed in this great little story. It is a light, quick read, and I know you will be glad that you did. ( )
  kitchenwitch04 | Sep 12, 2013 |
(Originally published, & refers to content, on SnarkyMomReads)

SNARKY MOM'S THOUGHTS ON "A CRAZY HOMECOMING":

You've read the book blurb... you've read the excerpt... and as you can see, Cate Baylor's "A Crazy Homecoming" is filled with moments of self-doubt, questions about are we where we belong, and lots of humor! My favorite part? Oh, and by the way -- this isn't a quotation from a BDSM novel - get your minds out of the gutter - refers to an incident with fire ants!

"Well," Daphne pouted, "Two nights after he pointed a shotgun at me, the man set a hose on me,
stripped my pants off, spanked me, then doused me with alcohol. I didn't think that was normal, Nana."

"Hon, you've got a lot to learn about living in the country."

"A Crazy Homecoming" is really an homage to country living. It's sweet, with a little bit of sexy sass thrown in, and a whole lot of romance. If you need a good read for the carpool lane - this could be it! Daphne is a great example that you're never too old (she's in her late late 30's) to change the course of your life - which is a great moral for ALL women. It seems that Cate Baylor will continue to regale us with stories from Crazy, Texas - next up is Raney - and I'm sure we can look forward to more heartwarming & inspiring reads from Crazy! ( )
  SnarkyMom | Sep 1, 2013 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Cate Baylor's book A Crazy Homecoming was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Cate Baylor is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,605,678 books! | Top bar: Always visible