Tales from the Laundry Pile by Kathleen Kole

by Kathleen Kole

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added byJerseyGirlBookReview

No tags.

In Tales From The Laundry Pile, author Kathleen Kole provides the reader with an entertaining tale that follows Claire Jamieson as she juggles the trials and tribulations of motherhood and family.

After four years of living in the city, Claire and husband Jake pack up their four year old twin sons Noah and Evan, and move back to their hometown of Boxwood Hills. But moving back to the small town proves to be anything but a stress free experience when Claire finds herself constantly running after her energetic twin sons, handling household obligations, and dealing with family ... all the while striving to provide a perfect and orderly life!

Author Kathleen Kole has created a lighthearted story that portrays a mother's desire to have a perfect and orderly life for her family, only to discover that her obsessive desire is unrealistic when life throws curve balls, leading her to change the way she views and handles her relationships and daily obligations in life.

This is a story that everyone can relate to, especially mothers. We all desire to have a perfect life, but life has a way of sneaking up on us and kicking our butts back into reality with daily trials and tribulations, the goal is to learn how to manage the stress and enjoy our lives. In a sense, the author's humorous tale pokes fun at the stressors, obsessions and insecurities in our lives, while playfully reminding us to lighten up, go easy on ourselves, and to stop and smell the roses along our life's journey.

With a quirky cast of characters who provide a lot of laugh-out-loud moments, silly mishaps and madcap adventures, and a familiar setting with cameo appearances from characters in previous books, Tales From The Laundry Piles is a refreshingly fun and whimsical tale about dealing with the craziness that occurs in one's life!

Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the author in exchange for my honest review and participation in a virtual book tour event hosted by Chick Lit Plus Blog Tours.

http://jerseygirlbookreviews.blogspot.com/2013/07/tales-from-laundry-pile-by-kat... ( )
  JerseyGirlBookReview | Jul 24, 2013 |

Claire Jamieson has moved back home to Boxwood Hills... And, she's not alone. Trailing behind her overworked laundry basket is her husband and their energetic twin boys. Claire had always thought that once she'd left the nest, she'd never return. Now that she has, she's wondering what type of bird that makes her... Cuckoo? When she has a moment to pause and catch her breath, she'll let you know.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:01 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,242,037 books! | Top bar: Always visible