I saw a sunbird by Renuka David

I saw a sunbird

by Renuka David

12None768,668NoneNone

No reviews

Set in the early 1970s, "I saw a sunbird" is a witty and amusing account of a British-Sri Lankan child on a visit to family in Colombo. Engagingly written and a delight to read, it brings to life the exotic setting of that beautiful country.

"A child expressing her love for a troubled country makes for compulsive reading."

"I can sympathise with Rohini; we have all had places we loved as children, and her lovely and innocent personality shines through on every line."

"Renuka David captures the child's voice exactly and gives information about a Sri Lankan family in a charming way."

"I laughed and cried my way through the novel. I also learned about Veddhas and it saddens me that they will probably lose their traditional lifestyle."

"I've never been to Sri Lanka but after reading this, feel as if I've been there. I can see the rows of huts with tin roofs and feel the warm bottles of Fanta in my hand."

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:44 -0400)

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,323,552 books! | Top bar: Always visible