Undertaking Love by Kat French

Undertaking Love

by Kat French

(112) When a single undertaker dedicated to supporting his community in its darkest hours moves next door to a wedding chapel coordinator dedicated to achieving a bride's fantasies, sparks fly in this light and enjoyable British chick lit book. Good choice for holiday reading! ( )
  activelearning | Nov 23, 2013 |
This book is a perfect chick-lit.

It has all of the right ingredients and they're mixed together in a special way which makes it stand out from the crowd.

I was expecting light and fluffy, and instead I got a passionate and well paced story which made me laugh and chuckle and almost seethe with anger. This story follows a group of people, all with their own problems and passions, and this makes the story all the more beautiful.

A nuclear lust bomb exploded behind her rib cage, sending slivers of awareness hurtling through her body in all directions.

The conversation between friends, and between couples, flows very naturally with an understandable humour.

This story is heart-breaking and heart-warming all at once, and it reminds you of what love really is, how love really feels and what love really means. There is real passion and conflict, this is not love at first sight.

If he needed a sign, he should have said. She would have hurled a bucket of cold water over him.

I was gushing at everything between Dora and Ivan, and I shed more than one tear too.

She is more than just my guiding light. She is the rock that this lighthouse stands on.

This book makes me more glad than ever that I have found the rock that my lighthouse stands on.

Have a glass of wine with this book. Or a bottle. It depends how much it makes you want to drown your sorrows.

Copy received in exchange for honest review. ( )
  Corazie | Jul 25, 2013 |

When Marla Jacobs discovers that the shop next to her Little White Wedding Chapel is to become a funeral parlour, she declares all-out war. Marla's chapel in the sleepy Shropshire countryside has become a nation-wide sensation, but the arrival of Funeral Director Gabriel Ryan threatens everything Marla has worked for. She can picture the scene: wedding limos fighting for space in the street with hearses; brides bumping into widows; bouquets being swapped for wreaths. Marla's not going down without a fight. She enlists a motley crew of weird and wonderful local supporters, and battle lines are drawn. But, as soon as Marla meets her nemesis, she realises just how much trouble she's really in. His rugged good looks and Irish lilt make her stomach fizz - how is she supposed to concentrate on destroying him, when half the time she's struggling not to rip the shirt off his back?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,429,027 books! | Top bar: Always visible