Pure Joy: The Dogs We Love by Danielle Steel

Pure Joy: The Dogs We Love

by Danielle Steel

Short read of Danille Steel's love of her family's dogs. Only a dog lover understands what we do for unconditional love, they are members of our family and they make everything complete. ( )
  nanaval | Jan 14, 2015 |
I love Danielle Steel.

This book was just so different, it was all about the dogs in her life. I am not sure of the purpose of it except to learn about the dogs in her life and how many she has had over the years (dang!) and we thought she had a lot of children.

This was the real Danielle vs the Danielle who writes us so many fiction books.

There is no doubt that she loves dogs.

The one thing this book made me wonder is if I am ready for a dog. ( )
  jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |
GENRE/PUB DATE/PUBLISHER/# OF PGS: Non-fiction/2013/Random House/154 pages
SERIES/STAND ALONE: SA

TIME/PLACE: Present/ San Francisco, New York & Paris, France
CHARACTERS: Danielle Steel & her Chihuahua, Minnie

FIRST LINES: There have always been somewhat comedic aspects to my life, although sometimes I don't see it that way. A family of 9 children, 11 dogs at one time & a Vietnamese potbellied pig was bound to create some unusual situations, which even I found funny at the time.

COMMENTS: If you are a pet/dog lover you will enjoy this lovely little book. Can be read very quickly. DS talks about dogs she had as a child, and all the dogs her children have had. Her main focus is her current "pure joy" Minnie -- a 2 lb Chihuahua. Minnie and she live part-time in San Francisco & part-time in Paris. She wanted a dog small enough for the frequent travel and one she could fall in love w/. She made Chihuahua's sound like very endearing dogs -- not as yappy as some other smaller dogs and they also usually have pretty long lives for canines. ( )
  pammykn | Nov 6, 2013 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0345543750, Hardcover)

Sample Pictures from Pure Joy

Pure Joy 1
Pure Joy 2

Pure Joy 3
Pure Joy 4
Click here for a larger image

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:21 -0400)

Presents an endearing love letter to the pet dogs who have enriched the author's life, in a volume that celebrates the laugh-inducing moments, poignant exchanges, and heartfelt farewells shared by her family.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,737,575 books! | Top bar: Always visible