Rhythm and Bluegrass by Molly Harper

Rhythm and Bluegrass

by Molly Harper

Amanda Ronconi
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
Listened for Fun (Audible)
Overall Rating: 3.75
Story Rating: 3.50
Character Rating: 4.00

Audio Rating: 4.50 (not part of the overall rating)

First Thought when Finished: Rhythm and Bluegrass by Molly Harper was a fun romp with small town laughs that brought me back to my roots. As someone who grew up in a super small town, this reminds me a lot of the people I grew up around. The character were fun, the end was a little rushed, and overall I smiled A LOT!

Audio Thoughts:

Narrated By Amanda Ronconi / Length: 5 hrs and 57 mins

Amanda Ronconi and Molly Harper are one of those duos that I think work well together. Amanda gets Molly's humor and always knocks it out park.

Part of the Read It, Rate It, File It, DONE! Reviews ( )
  thehistorychic | Jan 8, 2015 |
I had originally planned to give this book four stars, but then I realized as I was typing this up that I couldn’t actually remember much about it. Not a good sign. I remember chuckling at parts, but I never really felt invested in the story. Most of the time when I’m reading a book, especially a good book, I feel almost a hunger to finish it. This has led to many a night going to sleep at 3 a.m. when I have to be up at 6 for work. Not so with this. I enjoyed it. I honestly did. But when compared to the Nice Girls series, the Naked Werewolf series, or And One Last Thing, I was just left disappointed.

I liked Bonnie and I liked Will. Maybe that was the problem, I just liked them. With the best Romance books I tend to fall in love, just a bit, with the hero. And I get majorly invested in the heroine. I need to see how the story ends. I need to see the happily ever after.

I didn’t feel that with this book.

I enjoyed it while I read it, and if it was any other author I’d probably say, “Well done.” But with a Molly Harper book I just expected better. ( )
  kirish | Oct 16, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,371,523 books! | Top bar: Always visible